Job Title: Sales Development Representative
Locations: Vancouver, WA, Bethesda, MD, Waltham, MA, Grand Rapids, MI
Start Date: January, June and July 2023
To Apply: Direct to job post, online at Zoominfo.com/careers, handshake.com
Compensation: $45,000-$70,000 / year
ZoomInfo is rapidly growing and looking to add talented and passionate people to our Sales Development team! You’ll get world-class training while surrounded by incredible coworkers and leaders who have a vested interest in seeing you thrive. If you’re interested in a career in the exciting world of software sales and seeing the fruits of your labor set the foundation for a promising career, read on!
- Engage and qualify inbound leads to create a pipeline for Account Executives
- Articulate the ZoomInfo value proposition by educating prospective leads on our full suite of solutions
- Focus on the value that ZoomInfo brings to an organization vs. just the technical functionality by understanding the pain points that prospective customers are currently experiencing among their Sales, Marketing, Operations and Recruiting teams
- Collaborate with Account Executives to identify new sales opportunities
- Create trust and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders
- To communicate in a clear and compelling manner with a friendly demeanor
- The ability to articulate value and determine what is important to people
- Interest in sales and a desire to succeed
- To be a quick learner with an ability to solve problems
- Dependability, resourcefulness, resiliency and creativity
A Sample of the Challenges You’ll Tackle:
A global digital media and marketing company on the search for lead generation solutions tried to push away the Sales Development Rep who called them, being hesitant to schedule anything from a cold call. The SDR was tenacious in making the case for why it was in the prospect’s best interest to get connected, as the SDR had done the work to pinpoint why it was a strong use case. The prospect eventually agreed and was handed off to the Account Executive and the deal was won a day later.
Sound like a challenge you’re up for? Then read on!
Not so much? Then check out some of our other postings to find a better fit.
Because We Hire Superstars, Not Know-It-Alls, You Can Expect
in your first 30 days to:
- Be onboarded to ZoomInfo sales teams, processes, methodology, products, and story
- Learn our go-to-market motion, key differentiators, and develop your strategy
- Learn the key success metrics for your role and how you will be measured against them
- Learn your talk tracks and how to move past common objections
- Become comfortable logging activity in Salesforce.com and other platforms
- Begin making calls, writing emails, qualifying leads, and identifying key opportunities
- Receive a lot of feedback and training
in your first 60 days to:
- Be a consistently performing and valued team member
- Know where to go for answers and take responsibility for your learning
- Be able to confidently name the value each of our products bring to a company’s go-to-market strategy
- Confidently interact with Director to C-Level prospects, speaking to their business interests and brushing off objections with ease
- Know how to respond to difficult prospects, fraudulent activity, or more complex questions and booking situations
- Bring forward ideas to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
in your first 90 days:
- Begin to help train and mentor new hires, passing along what you’ve learned
- Consistently exceed your sales goals
- Be a dependable, consistent, and essential contributor on the team
- Seek out and receive manager, customer, and team feedback to start preparing you for greater responsibility within the sales organization
- Make plans for how you want to advance your career at ZoomInfo
Here is What’s Needed to Succeed in This Role…
Experience, Education, & Certifications:
- Prior work experience that demonstrates dependability, work ethic, and strong desire to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You communicate in a clear, persuasive, and compelling manner over the phone
- You are coachable and take every opportunity to learn–both from others and from available resources
- You learn processes and software quickly
- You are competitive – you want to outwork those around you and be rewarded for your level of effort and not the amount of time you've been in the role
- You can articulate value and figure out what matters to people
- You actively listen with genuine curiosity and easily collaborate with prospects and colleagues
- You are resourceful, resilient, persistent, and creative
With this role being hybrid, you're required to come into the office once a week starting January 17th, 2023 if you live within a 30-mile radius of the Bethesda, Grand Rapids, Vancouver or Waltham field offices. The specific day of the week will be determined by your manager.
For over a decade, ZoomInfo has helped companies achieve their most important objective: profitable growth. Backed by the world's most comprehensive B2B database, our platform puts sales and marketing professionals in position to identify, connect, and engage with qualified prospects.
Our mission is to provide every company with a 360-degree view of their ideal customer, empowering each phase of their go-to-market strategy and driving their ability to hit their number.
Our Commitment to You: You will get to learn sales best practices in a fast-paced, world-class enterprise sales environment, surrounded by incredible people who want to see you succeed. If you work hard, we will make sure you’re prepared for a career at ZoomInfo and cheer you on all the way!