We're looking for a Sr. Recruiter to join our growing team at Zapier to work flexibly across multiple teams to support our highest priority recruitment needs. This recruiter will primarily support senior leadership recruiting, but also support technical recruiting, or even flex into business roles if needed.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- You have at least five years of experience in full-cycle recruiting an in-house recruiter with a software and/or technology company. You have experience sourcing and evaluating candidates for a variety of leadership and/or technical roles. You enjoy the challenge of finding exceptional talent for hard-to-fill roles.
- You operate with flexibility and agility. This role is unique in that it could partner with any hiring manager or team in the company. For some people, this constant change could be stressful. But you thrive in building quick relationships, navigating ambiguity, and learning new processes, and you’re excited by the ever-changing nature of this role.
- You're a trusted partner in talent. You advise interview teams on the best approach to fill their positions and create/manage a process that delights candidates and empowers hiring decisions. You know how to drive out-of-the-box thinking to get to the best decisions with your hiring managers.
- You are a champion for diversity hiring & inclusive interview practices. At Zapier, we think that hiring and fostering a diverse team is just the right thing to do. A successful Sr. Recruiter will create and deliver on D&I initiatives set by the business and the Recruiting team.
- You're comfortable driving your work. You enjoy working autonomously to achieve your goals. You are organized and know how to effectively manage your time, pipelines, and processes.
- You provide an incredible candidate experience. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know that a job search is a challenging task and prioritize providing a more human experience for everyone who interacts with Zapier during a hiring process.
- You are data-oriented. You track pipeline health to balance your priorities and set hiring manager expectations.
- You are resourceful. You're willing to research questions, talent, and companies to find the answers and great people to recruit.
- You are persistently helpful. No matter if it is diversity outreach or screening of applicants, you are an unstoppably helpful member for our team, to both the hiring managers and candidates.
Things You’ll Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Identify talented candidates. You'll experiment by yourself or by working in tandem with hiring managers to reach out efficiently to potential candidates.
- Emphasize diversity and inclusivity. You'll look for traditional and non-traditional methods to increase the likelihood we can bring new perspectives to the team.
- Find or create new sources of talent. LinkedIn might be a great tool, but you'll always look for new and unique ways to source talented folks.
- Screen candidates. You'll serve as the filter of the top of the funnel to maximize the hiring team’s time and focus on interviewing the best candidates.
- Successfully juggle a variety of roles at once. At any given time you could be working on filling 5-10 open roles.
- Assist with developing job posts, hiring plans, and rubrics. You'll work with the hiring manager to tighten up job descriptions, screening rubrics, and manage the hiring process along the way.
- Iterate on candidate & hiring team feedback. You'll smooth rough edges in the hiring process by iterating on feedback from candidates or other signals.
- Nurture relationships with individuals and groups. You'll help build personal relationships through introductions, references, or by facilitating participation with community groups.
- Develop a diverse pipeline for all current and future roles.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreat
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.