We're looking for a Head of Financial Planning and Analysis who’s excited to build a world-class forecasting process at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation. We are a fast-growing, profitable company so there are lots of interesting problems to solve in FP&A.
If you love crunching numbers, in-depth financial analysis, and leading a cross-functional team, then read on…
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 8+ years of FP&A experience, with knowledge of US Accounting laws. 2+ years working in a SaaS environment
- You are an effective team builder. You have a passion for mentoring people, developing talent and building a resilient team culture. You’re highly organized, understand priorities, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter and thought leader. You have a desire to make high impact changes and challenge the status quo.
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and are energized by new challenges.
- You love data. You analyze everything, look for trends, and always ask why.
- Data drives your strategy. You can interpret a dataset and identify potential growth opportunities.
- You care about the nitty gritty. You are detail-oriented and driven to understand every variance. You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You love to collaborate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain complex ideas to senior business leaders through verbal and written communication.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Manage our small, but growing FP&A team and Finance Data team.
- Own the end-to-end financial planning cycle on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Manage the preparation of board reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
- Develop and maintain complex financial models to provide meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Identify, evaluate, and advise on growth opportunities.
- Recommend productivity and cost saving initiatives based on detailed analysis.
- Find ways to improve our processes through automation and innovative new practices.
- Leverage BI tools to model our customer journey and interpret Key Performance metrics like churn and net revenue retention.
- Provide management with insights into leading indicators of revenue.
- Oversee the execution of our annual headcount plan.
- Drive ad hoc analysis to better understand customer activity (churn, credit card declines, country/currency analysis).
- Explain complex financial data in a simple way, across our transparent organization.
- Provide support to our VP of Finance and CFO on various projects.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote, with at least 3-hours overlap with US East Coast time zone.
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.