We're looking for a Director of Pricing, Packaging, and Monetization who’s excited to be Zapier’s Pricing and Packaging Expert. We hope you love the intricacies of Product-Led Growth, ensuring that every customer finds the appropriate package, and ensuring that we effectively monetize our high value accounts while maintaining our affordability for our solopreneurs and very small businesses.
This is a high-level Individual Contributor (non-manager) role. If you want to make a high level impact on the company’s strategic goals, read on!
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 8+ years of Business Strategy, Operations, or Management Consulting experience, with a minimum of 2 years specialized in Pricing and Packaging.
- You have deep understanding of Subscription Pricing and Packaging, along with value addons.
- You’re decisive, but willing to revisit when presented with new data. You’re highly organized, understand priorities, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter and thought leader. You have a desire to make high impact changes and challenge the status quo.
- You’re always thinking about incentives. You’re enthusiastic about the way that different pricing mechanisms can guide user behavior
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and are energized by new challenges.
- You love data. You analyze everything, look for trends, and always ask why.
- Data drives your strategy. You can interpret a dataset and identify potential growth opportunities.
- You care about the nitty gritty. You are detail-oriented and driven to understand every variance.
- You’re confident. You have the ability to push back on executive level stakeholders when there’s conflicting goals and needs.
- You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You love to collaborate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain complex ideas to senior business leaders through verbal and written communication.
Things You’ll Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Run our Pricing Council – we currently run pricing changes via an internal stakeholder group known as the pricing council. You’ll own this meeting as well as be the primary decision maker.
- Work with our new-product groups to develop MVP pricing for new products.
- Collaborate with our Build organization to optimize pricing of the core Zapier automation product.
- Work with our go to market leaders to establish better price differentiation for our multi-user packages.
- Collaborate with a product team to test and iterate on different packaging variants.
- Engage an external consulting partner for an in depth user research and pricing study.
The Whole Package
Location: North America
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.