Zapier is looking for a Director of Pricing, Packaging, and Monetization who’s excited to be Zapier’s Pricing and Packaging Expert. We hope you love the intricacies of Product-Led Growth, ensuring that every customer finds the appropriate package, and ensuring that we effectively monetize our high-value accounts while maintaining our affordability for our solopreneurs and very small businesses. If you want to make a high-level impact on the company’s strategic goals, read on!
Zapier is on a mission to make automation work for everyone—and our global, all-remote team is what makes this work possible. If you’re interested in continuing your career at a fast-growing and profitable startup, then read on…
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 8+ years of Business Strategy, Operations, or Management Consulting experience, with a minimum of 2 years specialized in Pricing and Packaging.
- You have deep understanding of Subscription Pricing and Packaging, along with value addons.
- You’re decisive, but willing to revisit when presented with new data. You’re highly organized, understand priorities, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter and thought leader. You have a desire to make high impact changes and challenge the status quo.
- You’re always thinking about incentives. You’re enthusiastic about the way that different pricing mechanisms can guide user behavior.
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and are energized by new challenges.
- You love data. You analyze everything, look for trends, and always ask why.
- You want accountability. You recognize the growth level that P&P can be for a business and are excited to hold a revenue target. You understand how to drive change through the organization and build buy-in from your stakeholders in order to deliver results for the business.
- Data drives your strategy. You can interpret a dataset and identify potential growth opportunities.
- You care about the nitty gritty. You are detail-oriented and driven to understand every variance.
- You’re confident. You have the ability to push back on executive level stakeholders when there’s conflicting goals and needs.
- You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You love to collaborate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain complex ideas to senior business leaders through verbal and written communication.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Drive Pricing strategy company-wide. As we grow, pricing and packaging becomes about more than tweaks to the existing structures. We need you to articulate both how we grow value via pricing and packaging (encouraging users to upgrade, use new products, etc) as well as extract more value (charge more for things where willingness to pay is high).
- Run our Pricing Council / P&P Steerco.
- Work with our new-product groups to develop MVP pricing for new products.
- Collaborate with our Build organization to optimize pricing of the core Zapier automation product.
- Work with our go to market leaders to establish better price differentiation for our multi-user packages.
- Collaborate with a product team to test and iterate on different packaging variants.
- Engage an external consulting partner for an in depth user research and pricing study.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
United States: 222,800-334,100 USD
Canada: 222,800-334,100 CAD
United Kingdom: 127,400 – 191,000 GBP
Australia: 222,700 – 334,100 AUD
New Zealand 222,700-334,100 NZD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.