See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next VP Sales & GTM, Email.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help accelerate Twilio’s growth and solidify our reputation as the global leader in trusted email delivery.
The desired leader will be a key figurehead for Twilio’s Email and Marketing Campaigns platform. This individual will own the sales number and drive sales execution. They will manage and lead our specialist email sales team, as well as other go-to-market (GTM) functions including partners, services, marketing and more.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop, drive, and communicate our sales and GTM strategy for our email business, as well as present results and opportunities to peers and senior executives.
- Provide ongoing support to your team, as well as partner with other internal sales, marketing and product teams, to drive global sales opportunities.
- Play a key role on the email leadership team and partner closely with peers from R&D to develop a deep understanding of customers’ needs and ensure we continue to innovate and deliver solutions that meet or exceed these.
- Recruit, motivate and retain a world-class team of sales specialists who reliably deliver the sales number and exceed revenue growth targets.
- Lead a cross-functional GTM leadership team with colleagues from partners, services, sales ops, marketing, support and more.
- Play an active role in sales activities and help close our largest opportunities.
- Work closely with strategic customers and collaborate with post-sales leadership to ensure customers are onboarded successfully and realize the full value of Twilio’s Email and Marketing Campaigns platform.
- Work closely with Twilio Segment on the rollout and adoption of our ever expanding portfolio of data-driven customer engagement solutions.
- Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, and present guidance to executive management.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years’ experience driving ambitious sales and GTM results selling SaaS solutions (preferably customer engagement, digital marketing, CX or similar) to enterprise customers.
- Strong functional expertise in sales and sales management with 8+ years spent building and leading high-performing software sales teams, especially specialist teams, that consistently exceed targets.
- Ability to develop customer focused sales strategies that cut across all GTM functions, as well as influence product development.
- Experience of operating in a fast-paced environment, as well as at significant scale.
- Adept at setting priorities, managing forecasting, and able to support fiscal planning and revenue tracking for a fast growing business.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with the ability to build strong relationships with business and technical leaders, as well as influence their thinking and understanding.
- While outstanding sales leadership skills are essential, first-hand experience leading other GTM functions would also be helpful.
- International experience would be preferred.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 25% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado ONLY.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $230,000 – $260,000 base.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.