See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as a VP, Head of Marketing, APJ
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and innovators to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Marketing Leader for our Asia Pacific and Japan region. As the Vice President of Marketing for APJ you will report to Twilio’s CMO and be responsible for driving marketing strategy across all areas of the funnel as well as partnering closely with sales to ensure pipeline creation and revenue goals are met.
This key role will lead and grow an existing team of diverse marketing professionals and provide input into WW Campaigns, and localization needs, while building a marketing strategy to increase brand awareness, signups, build our developer community as well as ensure we market across business personas and industries. This role will be the central marketing leader in the region as well as the voice of APJ to our global marketing organization. This is an exciting opportunity to build the future of APJ Marketing, and we are looking for an extraordinary leader to drive over $XXM in revenue in the coming years.
Twilio seeks a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a track record of achievement in building world-class teams and leading GTM strategy. The desired individual will:
- Build and lead a diverse team of marketers across the AsiaPacific Region; focused on establishing Twilio as the #1 Customer Engagement Company while delivering business impact for customer acquisition, pipeline, and revenue growth.
- Prioritize market and segment needs leveraging data and identifying what is working and/or not working in current marketing plans. Understand product strategy and roadmap as well as sales needs for ensuring relevance and need when prioritizing marketing campaigns, content, and activities.
- Be the ultimate steer in overall positioning of Twilio in APJ market from PR to Customer Needs, institutionalize a successful framework that shows not only marketing plans but impact including attribution to the business and evaluating and comparing program effectiveness.
- Lead the APJ Marketing plan with an always on drumbeat from awareness to close marketing activities, as well as provide input into Global roadmaps for technical systems (such as a marketing tech stack) and Web Localization always representing APJ customer and developer needs.
- Demonstrate executive presence and are viewed as a trusted advisor while working cross-functionally across Marketing, Sales, and Supporting organizations. You're able to communicate complex ideas succinctly.
- Synthesize complex data about marketing funnels, able to isolate and prioritize areas for redress.
- Champion bold marketing ideas to the point of securing funding, demonstrating value, and scaling programs.
- Empower others in managing sizable teams, fostering an inclusive environment and making time for employee development.
- Preferably have an MBA. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a the Vice President of APJ Marketing you will be a key part of delivering Twilio’s GTM strategy and plan while living these Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Track record of building teams and ensuring your team has the guidance, support, systems, and tools to be successful in the role
- BE AN OWNER: Run and expand a best-in-class APJ Marketing organization that emphasizes personal development.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work closely with the CMO, Regional GM, and other leaders to set quarterly targets and allocate a global marketing budget for maximum impact.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Oversee digital strategy, localization strategy, paid strategy, as well as campaign and field strategy to ensure we meet our regional needs as well as optimize local activities and global team support ensuring maximum ROI, and scaling.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Work with MKT Analytics to build a cadence of robust, trusted reporting on the full marketing funnel for executives in Marketing and Sales, proactively addressing any gaps against targets.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Build a Marketing team that is consistently building world class experiences, digital or in person across all touchpoints in their journey. Work diligently to advocate for local customers with resources at the Global level across Growth Strategy, Web, Field and Campaigns teams.
- DON’T SETTLE: Identify areas of improvement and opportunity and address them one by one, establish the relationships needed to advocate for your team, while consistently prioritizing region needs and balancing resources and capabilities to implement.
- DRAW THE OWL: Scale a team to their top abilities with creativity, prioritization, and excitement, think outside of the box to deliver the business needs today while thinking about hyper growth. Build a team that lives on as a legacy.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
This position will be located in our Sydney or Singapore offices.
You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.