See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Vice President of HRBP R&D.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to serve as a trusted advisor to our global R&D teams, owning the strategy and execution of people-related programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow. Reporting to the Vice President, Global HR Business Partners, this VP will lead a team of HRBPs and work cross-functionally and collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
We are seeking a leader to align talent strategies to business objectives for the Product and Engineering functions in all geographies. The ideal leader is a consultant to Executive Leadership on all Human Resource related issues with a proven track record of assessing, anticipating, and solving HR-related needs that are grounded in data. This leader is experienced in developing integrated solutions that bring out the best in our people while delivering tangible business results.
In this role, you’ll:
- Create people-strategies to ensure alignment between business objectives and employee experience.
- Consistently assess, evaluate, and optimize the organization’s current state to ensure continued ability to exceed business goals.
- Provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution, including org design, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Identify training needs for business units and executive coaching needs to enable long-term strategic business outcomes.
- Ensure all we do aligns with the Twilio culture, making for an overall great employee experience.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues in partnership with our Legal and Employee Relations teams.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partner with HR SMEs and business to design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions.
- Recruit, motivate and develop a diverse, high-performing team of HRBP leaders to deliver on business objectives.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 15+ years of HR experience and 5+ years in a leadership capacity where you have partnered directly with the VP/C-suite.
- 10+ years experience operating in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that is experiencing significant scale.
- Demonstrated ability to influence technical leaders at the VP/C-suite level in a demanding and high-performing work environment.
- Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex global business issues.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships at all levels to gain support and achieve business goals.
- Deep experience of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent development, federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Proven ability to develop, engage and retain a high performing team.
- Deep experience partnering with technical leaders in Product and Engineering.
- Masters in Organizational Design or other relevant HR field.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $270,000-$315,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.