See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Technical Program Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Segment Twilio is the world’s leading CDP with over 20,000 customers today, with a focus on customer data infrastructure to power amazing customer experiences—data up versus campaign down. The demand for customer data infrastructure is set to grow +34.6% YoY to $15.6B by 2026. Globally, 93% of companies are expecting to grow their CDP budget over the next 3 years. This presents an amazing opportunity to capture this market opportunity and continue to lead the CDP space.
We are growing rapidly and are seeking a Staff Technical Program Manager to join our Infrastructure Group who can facilitate our teams to reach our aggressive product delivery and infrastructure scale goals. Acting as the hub in a world of spokes, with an operational mindset, you will lead teams’ collaboration and deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, track and report progress, and leverage best practices to ensure predictable and timely delivery of our projects. You will be partnering and collaborating with product managers, engineering counterparts, and stakeholders across BU’s, to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and delivery roadmap for the Infrastructure Roadmap. This role is critical in supporting Twilio Segment’s growth efforts throughout the entire product development lifecycle and will involve working with teams across Segment and Twilio.
A glimpse of what we do within the Segment Infrastructure group:
- One of the largest Kafka implementations that process Trillions of events per month
- Data Platform SREs built Centrifuge, a database-as-a-queue system, which processes millions of events per second
- kafka-go, a popular Go client library for Kafka
- We love finding the best tools for the job at hand, for example integrating ClickHouse for customer-facing and internal statistics and running Kafka and FoundationDB at scale
- Several pieces of Segment’s core data pipeline, including Centrifuge, our message delivery system, run on Kubernetes
- We open sourced kubeapply, a lightweight tool for git-based management of Kubernetes configs
In this role, you’ll:
- Structure and lead complex cross-functional programs for product and cross-company initiatives. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion
- Plan, track and report on the successful delivery of high impact and highly cross-functional programs and initiatives
- Support the transparency and communication of the health and progress of an overall program that you are coordinating. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive solutions and tasks to completion
- Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Program Management across the organization
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience in technical program management or project management
- BA/BS degree in computer science or similar degree
- Ability to multi-task across multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and communicate effectively across a variety of stakeholders, including execs
- A true servant-leader, there to help the teams do their best work
- Experience in Agile Program Management
- Experience in establishing and driving the adoption of program frameworks, tools, and best practices
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Experience within SaaS companies
This role will be fully remote within the United States
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 – $165,400
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.