See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Program Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Segment Core Cloud Team
Twilio Segment is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our Core Cloud Team who can facilitate our teams to reach our aggressive product delivery and infrastructure scale goals. Acting as the hub in a world of spokes, with an operational mindset, you will lead teams’ collaboration and deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, track and report progress, and leverage best practices to ensure predictable and timely delivery of our projects. This role is critical in supporting Twilio Segment’s growth efforts throughout the entire product development lifecycle and will involve working with teams across Segment and Twilio
In this role, you’ll:
- Structure and lead complex cross-functional programs for product and cross-company initiatives. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion
- Drive towards continuous improvement through analyzing data and inspect & adapt practices to work with agile teams to improve project delivery
- Support the transparency and communication of the health and progress of an overall program that you are coordinating. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly in order to problem solve and drive decision-making effectively
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive solutions and tasks to completion
- Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Program Management across the organization
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3-5 years experience in technical program management, project management, or operational role.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or similar degree
- A true servant-leader, there to help the teams do their best work
- Experience leading and managing the successful delivery of high impact and highly cross-functional integrations & platform program initiatives
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Certification in Project Managemen or relevant discipline
- Experience in Agile Program Management
- Experience in establishing and driving the adoption of program frameworks, tools, and best practices
This role will be fully remote
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840 – $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360 – $120,120
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks