See yourself at Twilio
Join Twilio’s Partner Ecosystem team as our next Strategic Partner Director – Platform Partnerships. We are reimagining and shaping #TwilioPartners strategy and go-to-market by co-innovating with the ecosystem on product integrations and marketplace offers that align to our mutual customers' journeys while creating delightful customer engagements.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
About the job
This position will help us scale our ecosystem impact and top & bottom line growth for one of Twilio’s highest potential and strategic growth levers, Platform Partnerships. You will be elevating and developing mutually beneficial strategic partner relationships and implementing focused go-to-market strategies with our strategic partner Amazon & AWS.
Twilio’s Platform Partnerships team is chartered with elevating and growing our Partner Ecosystem. With a ‘GM of the business’ mindset, you lead the global partnership go-to-market strategy and define joint business plans while executing cross-functionally to drive partner co-build, co-market, and co-sell / sell-with motions. You’re an ecosystem champion who thinks globally and executes locally, and enables programs and processes to scale business impact and growth.
Excited to see what you build to help us shape the future of Twilio’s Partner Ecosystem.
In this role, you’ll:
- Deliver global impact as the GM of your business by proactively driving holistic partnerships, cohesive cross-functional alignment, and executive relationships.
- Scale global execution and success while cultivating and strengthening Twilio’s relationships with strategic Platform Partners, specifically Amazon & AWS.
- Collaboratively lead stakeholder engagements and co-develop deliberate partner GTM strategies, regional plans, and joint solution offerings
- Partner with field sales/technical teams on partner co-sell/sell-with alignment, enablement, and establish joint partner pipeline discipline
- Co-define partner marketing plans for demand generation, funds allocation and success metrics, and joint evangelism to drive market awareness
- Interlock with product leads to co-define, synthesize, and prioritize joint product/partner and cloud marketplace use-cases, integrations, and roadmaps
- Enable “better together” excellence by outlining partnership governance, self-serve & repeatable processes, and joint business/executive reviews and QBRs
Twilio values diverse experiences in relevant industries and functions, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with relevant experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in strategic partner development, partner alliance management, and ecosystem business development in the technology industry. Leading Amazon & AWS is a plus
- Accountable with a sense of urgency and bias for action, and capable of leading teams by influence
- Proven ability to proactively establish and nurture strong, productive partner alliances and executive level relationships with strategic platform partners
- Developed and successfully grew business via partner go-to-market strategies and regional execution
- Humble, honest, driven cross-functional master comfortable with change and navigating ambiguity
- Collaborated with sales, marketing, product, programs, operations, finance, and legal stakeholders
- Familiarity of technology platforms, APIs partnerships, and B2B cloud marketplace go-to-market
- Successfully led and managed a global platform partner, specifically Amazon and AWS
- Growth minded leader with line of sight on long term strategies while impacting short term opportunities
- 12+ years of experience in global strategic partner development, partner alliance management, and ecosystem business development
- Strong ability to unpack complexity, negotiate strategic and complex partner contracts / engagements
- Delivered impactful marketplace partnering strategies focused on API and SaaS Solutions
This role will be fully remote with preference in Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, or New York. Approximately 15% travel is anticipated.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080 – $220,100.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.