See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Strategic Enterprise Account Executive, North Asia
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to partner with existing key Enterprise customers in China to optimize the way they engage and communicate in their business. The candidate will be responsible for building relationships deep and wide in the accounts, forming strong POV on the value of the Twilio solution for the strategic accounts along with qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure.
This position reports to the Sales Director, Enterprise Sales for Rest of Asia and can be based in Singapore or Hong Kong.
In this role, you’ll:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be responsible for net new growth within key customer accounts at scale with some of the world's best known companies to optimize their existing Twilio use cases and find new ways for them to leverage communications in their businesses.
- BE AN OWNER: Your territory includes a region of Twilio’s existing accounts, with a named set of accounts. You will have responsibility for incremental revenue growth and retention, new adoption, and cross sell Twilio’s new products.
- DRAW THE OWL: Establish a thorough understanding of your named accounts’ business strategy and growth plans and develop, lead, and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s communication workflow and business outcomes.
- BE BOLD: Strengthen and expand Twilio’s relationships within customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations while expanding visibility and on-site Twilio presence.
- WRITE IT DOWN & EMPOWER OTHERS: Responsible for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with customers, leverage cross functional teams to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Min 8 years of Enterprise Sales experience and a track record of personally selling and closing complex technical solutions to enterprises and software companies in excess of $500K for both new logos and upsell into existing accounts. Demonstrated success by exceeding quota on a consistent basis.
- Mastered crafting pricing proposals, negotiating terms and managing the contract process. Ideally, you also have experience selling communications to different audience, building trust and mutual respect with technical customers and peers.
- Experienced with cloud computing business models and selling to a technical audience from a position of credibility and trust. Proficiency in Salesforce.com for tracking sales activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with a value-based sales process and the capability to build ROI models as part of your sales methodology.
- Have an ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Confident in leading a cross functional team (Solution Engineers, Specialists, Operations etc) to achieve large deal structures as well as keeping your strategic accounts satisfied and growing with Twilio.
- Native or Business level proficiency in Mandarin required for business communications with Chinese Clientele
- Experience with selling Contact Centers, Messaging, Call Tracking and other communication solutions
This role will be located in our Singapore OR Hong Kong office. Approximately 30 – 50% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.