See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager working on Advanced Messaging.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The position is needed to lead our Advanced Messaging products. At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products. Working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts, you will collaborate to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the future of messaging at Twilio.
In this role, you’ll:
- Jointly own the overall roadmap for messaging channel products, including WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Google Business Messages and many more. Every country and provider has its own quirks that we design and build for.
- Operate a multi-million dollar business delivering notification and conversational messaging globally.
- Work directly with partners in moving the ecosystem forward and building products to unlock new use cases for our customers.
- Be the leading expert on our advanced messaging customers, understanding what and how they are building, where they get stuck, and what tools or tech will make their jobs easier.
- Report on both the business and operational performance of your products and customers on a weekly basis
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24×7 services.
- You have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many – often competing – sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Superb communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Previous experience as a developer and the ability to have a comfortable conversation with developers.
This role will be based in our San Francisco office.
Approximately 20% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $105,728 – $166,144.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.