See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager – Data & Growth Platforms / Segment
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Segment, recently acquired by Twilio, is the world's leading CDP with over 20,000 customers today, focusing on customer data infrastructure to power amazing customer experiences—data up versus campaign down. The demand for customer data infrastructure is set to grow +34.6% YoY to $15.6B by 2026. Globally, 93% of companies expect to increase their CDP budget over the next 3 years. This presents an amazing opportunity to capture this market opportunity and continue to lead the CDP space.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio Engage provides an all-in-one tool-set for marketers to have intentional and meaningful conversations throughout the customer lifecycle. This product is the key strategic focus area for Twilio and its future growth.
The product weaves together experiences from the many recent acquisitions such as Segment and SendGrid. By building a platform, we hope we can make it easier to integrate, orchestrate, and monitor even more services to power the next generation of tools for marketers.
In this role, you'll be building a 0 to 1 platform from scratch that helps us build better faster. You'll have the opportunity to engage with teams across Twilio to understand their product and scenarios to create common primitives within the Engage platform. You'll unlock teams to build more with less.
In addition, you'll be instrumental in instilling trust for our users through building key capabilities right within the platform for developers and end-users to have better observability and monitoring.
This role will help take Segment to the next level of growth while working with some of the world's leading organizations.
In this role, you’ll:
- Craft a robust platform to power the next generation of marketing tools at an enterprise scale
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the product development cycle to align, build and deliver the platform.
- Drive the strategic direction and coordinate efforts around new opportunities for the platform, including strategic acquisitions and partnerships
- Empower teams with the building blocks to deliver high quality, reliability, and observability through standardized platform primitives.
- Empathize with your users to better understand the nuances of their scenarios toward a better platform product.
- Influence adoption of breakthrough technologies to unlock competitive advantages in delivering new capabilities such as anomaly detection.
- Lead a high-visible and strategic area by partnering with the leadership team and Twilio’s largest customers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience & Background:: 4+ years of product management and/or experience managing complex technical products
- Empathy: Strong product sense and have demonstrated experience synthesizing large sets of information into clean, easy to understand and actionable product requirements
- Curiosity: Ability to dive deep and get into the weeds while maintaining the ability to zoom out and think big picture
- Congeniality: Experience brainstorming vague ideas and turning them into concrete specs working with engineering and design teams
- Clarity: Excellent written and communication skills
This role will be based in our Seattle office OR Remote USA.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,072 – $200,090.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.