See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Manager, Lifecycle Activation Marketing
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Twilio Growth and Lifecycle Marketing team is looking for a leader to drive activation of new self-service sign-ups to Twilio. To be successful in this role this person will manage a team that is responsible for campaigns that drive educational content for new customers to support onboarding and activation. The person in this role will need to create scalable programs that are informed by where a customer is at on their lifecycle journey. This leader will need to partner across marketing, marketing operations and product stakeholders to build out our activation strategy. Along the way, this individual will be responsible for wearing our customers’ shoes and ensuring customers get the right message, at the right time during their customer journey.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build out Twilio's activation strategy for self-service sign-ups, to accelerate adoption through education, events, and the advisor program
- Build a standard process of engagement between marketing, sales, and other parts of the company to provide the customer with the right support at the right time in their journey. Develop scalable, repeatable program methodologies that can be scaled both regionally and globally
- Act as an advocate for Twilio’s customers: you’ll wear the customers’ shoes and become a trusted partner, making sure we are always putting our customers first.
- Manage a team of activation and lifecycle marketing managers to innovate on customer engagement.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years experience in marketing with a focus on self-service growth, lead generation, and engagement
- Experience managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Masters or MBA in business, management or a related field
- Experience working with developers including citizen developers (low code/no code)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Metrics driven with demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to work strategically and tactically. Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements.
- Excels in a constantly evolving environment and is able to prioritize projects and communicate priorities. Clear communication style both written and verbal, as well as experience for building positive relationships across an organization.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 – $181,940
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.