See yourself at Twilio
Join the Twilio Engage team, born out of Segment, as a Product Manager for Consent Management.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As one of Twilio's top strategic focus areas, Twilio Engage brings together Segment, SendGrid, and Twilio into a single product, enabling marketers to create omni-channel, hyper-personalized experiences at every step of the customer lifecycle.
Our rapidly growing team is seeking a Product Manager to lead our Consent Management team. In an environment where privacy and control over one's data is a differentiating priority, Twilio Engage seeks to give customers peace of mind when choosing our product. This is a highly collaborative and technical role that will touch stakeholders from multiple parts of the business.
You will be a great fit for our team if you:
- Thrive on the idea of driving through uncertainty in an early stage product, and love taking ideas from 0 to 1.
- You sweat the details. This role will drive a product suite that deals with regulatory compliance. Building customer trust is the primary value.
- Have a great understanding of how data flows and how it should be managed, whether that means enrichment, transformation, storage, or encryption.
- Are passionate about providing customers and consumers control over their data and privacy choices.
- Know how to extract customer requirements from numerous, often competing sources, and prioritize effectively. You know when to use a broadly distributed survey, but also when to speak to a few power users for input.
- Believe in focused and continuous iteration. Though your vision drives results 10x, you take one step back before two steps forward to perfect feature execution.
- You sweat the details, and quantify outcomes, functional and otherwise. That can mean tracking the usage of a privacy setting, or the error rate of API calls.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of product management experience in a fast-paced company.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble, and have empathy as a key trait.
- Technical acumen is one of your key strengths. You understand how system components work and can collaborate with a technical team to improve them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Extra emphasis on writing things down.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize. When everything is a top priority, making clear, bold, risk adjusted decisions.
- Bonus: Previous experience as a developer and the ability to have a comfortable conversation with developers is a plus.
This role will be based in the US as a remote position, preferably in Denver. No travel is required.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 – $165,400.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.