See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Manager, People Operations – EMEA
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The People team at Twilio is rapidly expanding to support the company’s exponential growth. This role offers local and international exposure in an exciting, fast paced environment. Twilio’s People Operations is focused on optimizing, globalizing and taking on new employee services higher up the People services value chain. This role will lead the International People Operations team in our EMEA and APJ region, and will need to maintain comprehensive knowledge of HR programs, plans, policies, and processes, as well as HR systems. The People Operations team is responsible for answering general employee HR questions, resolving people-related issues, executing on HR policies, and ensuring exceptional customer service.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead and develop the EMEA and APJ People Operations team that is dedicated to driving operational initiatives
- Manage regional monthly and quarterly SLA and customer satisfaction adherence goals
- Assist with driving our global shared services program and project deliverables, provide strategic direction, escalation management, and deliver regular communications to program stakeholders
- Organize feedback from stakeholders and the team to drive continual process improvement and innovation
- Ensure the team delivers superior customer service to employees and upholds data confidentiality and consistency standards within the system and in communication with employees
- Guarantees EMEA and APJ People Operations processes and activities are in compliance and kept up to date with current legislation
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years professional HR experience, including 5+ years of experience leading a team.
- Experience leading a People Operations team in EMEA and APJ and successful track record of executing in a Shared Service Model.
- Ability to thrive working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities while keeping attention to detail, identifying and resolving complex issues, and the ability to take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Deep HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management.
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, and partner cross-functionally to influence behavior change and collaboration.
- Comfortable as a “hands-on” manager; willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, ability to navigate in complexity while developing and managing People Ops policies and practices for a global workforce
- Deep knowledge of Case Management and HRIS systems (Workday, Greenhouse, ServiceNow)
- Experience managing clients and delivering HR services including mitigating challenges, balancing compliance and client needs and being able to juggle short-term requests with long-term priorities and goals.
This role will be Remote in the UK.
Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.