See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. HRBP Manager of Marketing/Comms
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. HRBP Manager to partner with our Marketing and Communication organization. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes, and tactics across function and geographies (NAMER, APJ, LATAM, EMEA). You will coach and partner with employees, and HR centers of excellence at all levels, ensuring an exceptional experience through the employee life cycle. You will be an integral part of our growing HRBP team, partnering closely with regional and functional HRBPs and COEs across the People Team. This is an Individual Contributor (IC) role.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with multiple Chief executives, SVPs, VPs, and senior leaders to develop the talent strategy needed to support our tremendous growth
- Create and execute the HR strategy for our the aforementioned teams, ensuring that organizational design, HR tools, and processes are prepared for the dynamic business growth
- Work closely with your business leaders to understand each team’s current and desired future state, and gaps and priorities needed to achieve business goals
- Provide guidance and input on org design, workforce planning, and succession planning in alignment with Twilio’s culture and long-term strategy
- Collaborate across groups, influence all levels of the organization and roll up your sleeves and engage on a hands on basis with individuals /groups and staff
- Work closely with specialist central HR teams, as well as matrixed site and international HR colleagues
- Bring curiosity, and desire to find opportunities for improvement and scalability
- Analyze the HR data and provide key findings to internal stakeholders
- Support the diversity and inclusive work dynamics where every voice is heard
- Work with line managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years as an HRBP or related discipline in a high-growth, fast paced global environment
- Demonstrated track record of providing business-driven talent strategy, programs, processes through the employee lifecycle.
- Experience building, partnering, and implementing meaningful change across a rapid pace, global organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coaching skills with a proven ability to develop trusting relationships and influence at all levels within the organization to achieve business results.
- A hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Enjoy deriving insights from data to support decision making and clearly present/communicate complex ideas
- Global HR experience
- Strong analytical skills, including the understanding of metrics to support plans and monitor performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in coaching senior leaders and managers
This role will be based in our anywhere in the United States except the San Francisco Bay office.
This role will be remote.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320.00-$165,400.00
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.