See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Financial Analyst, GTM Finance.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is rapidly expanding our global business, and is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst, GTM Finance to join our Finance team. This role will help track the investments fueling Twilio's GTM strategy, focusing on Sales Finance, Services, and GTM Operations. We need a true business partner in this role – someone who will create an analytical framework to better evaluate the business, develop proactive solutions to help GTM leadership optimize revenue outcomes, and drive continued efficiencies to allow for reinvestment into more productive areas.
This will be a highly visible role, reporting to the Finance Manager, partnering with North America GTM Segment leadership to manage their P&L, support their operations, as you work to optimize commercial decision-making, budgeting, and reporting on core financial metrics. The role will involve business partnering, ad-hoc analysis and special projects requiring detailed modeling to drive decision-making of senior leadership. Additionally, you will collaborate with the broader Corporate FP&A and Accounting team on crafting Twilio’s corporate P&L, driving process improvements, generating budget vs actual analysis, and completing other special projects.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be a representative / voice of Finance to GTM departments and continuously develop efficient reporting tools to support decision-making. Provide analytical support to GTM leadership and drive ad-hoc cross-functional projects.
- Create and operationalize the Regional GTM P&Ls, with clear rules of engagement that empower GTM leadership and drive accountability through the organization.
- Establish proactive processes and reports for tracking and providing real-time visibility on P&L dynamics and budgets by working with business partners in GTM, Accounting and Corp FP&A.
- Drive recommendations on overall workforce and sales finance strategy within GTM. Identify potential optimizations across the functions and roles to improve expense ratio efficiency.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
- 3-5 years of experience in a progressive financial role, preferably in a high growth SaaS environment
- Expert skill level with analytical tools (e.g. Excel, Anaplan, Tableau).
- Deep understanding of P&L components, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics
- Strong communication & analytical skills; experience presenting to C-level or equivalent leadership
- Experience functioning across a matrixed organization, building and working with regional P&Ls, and implementing new process
- Possesses a strong knowledge of GAAP, month-end close processes, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting
- Excels at juggling multiple priorities, is eager to make an impact on the business, and motivated and able to collaborate across teams to tackle complex problems
- Experience with Python, SQL, or other analytical software is a plus.
This role will be remote and based in the US
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Location dependent information
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $65,576 – $103,048
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.