See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Director of Legal Operations.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The person hired into this role will lead the way in building scalable processes and increasing both team efficiency and operational excellence. This is a results-based role that will drive continuous improvement across the legal organization through the implementation and management of proper systems, processes, and technologies. We are looking for a leader with strong operational capabilities who can manage a high-performance team and also will not hesitate to “roll up the sleeves” personally to attack challenges head on.
In this role, you’ll:
- Oversee a team of legal operations professionals dedicated to assessing and improving the operational functionality of the global legal team;
- Partner with FP&A and the Chief Legal Officer in managing the legal team’s operating budget and planning;
- Identify and track metrics, KPIs, and other operations reporting to better inform team decision-making and management;
- Drive optimal utilization of technology by the legal team, including by selecting, implementing, and managing technology resources;
- Oversee and improve existing technology systems initiatives, including those related to contracts lifecycle management, litigation case management, and the automation of incoming legal requests;
- Facilitate sound and fiscally responsible processes for sourcing, selecting, contracting with, and managing law firms and other external service providers; and
- Play a leading role in key Diversity & Inclusion and Engagement initiatives across the global team.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of experience managing legal operations;
- Deep working knowledge and hands-on experience with legal technology tools and applications;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute on large-scale projects (such as contract lifecycle management systems and global onboarding programs), delivering results on time and within budget;
- Extensive experience with legal budget management and reporting;
- Strong leadership skills, including a proven track record of effectively supervising legal professionals;
- Superior ability as a natural problem solver and strategic thinker;
- Collaborative style, with a passion for building relationships cross-functionally and the ability to build positive rapport with people at all levels of an organization;
- Proven ability to perform and deliver consistently trustable, precise and actionable quantitative and qualitative analyses;
- Proven ability to use data and data-driven methods to drive better decision making;
- Experience developing strategic or departmental planning materials requiring consensus gathering from multiple constituents and have strong business partnering skills; and
- Consistent attention to detail, coupled with excellent prioritization and time-management skills.
This role will be remote, and based in the US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, important provisions such as generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $193,760 – $266,420
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.