See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Administrative Assistant, for Brand & North America Field Marketing.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
You’ll report to the Sr. Director of Global Brand, and you’ll be supporting & partnering with three Twilio marketing executives to support initiatives for the leaders of Brand and Worldwide Field Marketing teams. Together, these teams help craft the Twilio story and tell it at in-person and virtual events. You’ll contribute to a healthy, smooth running team and a safe environment where folks can do their best work.
You have a particular talent at bringing order and process to complex situations – you’ll provide proactive calendar support for both executives, manage domestic & international travel, and you’ll partner on programs & deliverables that help drive a high-functioning group of individuals across Brand & Field Marketing.
You’re talented at building relationships with direct reports of the teams you support, to help make strategic program & coordination decisions and guide when to escalate topics to executives.
And you’re a creative like us. Some of us geek out on gardening, some of us fix motorcycles, and some of us love to cook. Whatever your particular brand of geek is, you’ll fit in pretty well here.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will complete a variety of results that may be short- or long-term and could land anywhere on the spectrum between tactical and strategic.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with your execs to understand their priorities and be a valuable liaison for them to ensure all needs are being met.
- Act as a liaison for your executives’ direct reports, building strong relationships across the organization to progress your executives’ priorities and to help your executives maintain a realistic pulse on their teams’ morale.
- Manage multiple complex calendars; understand executives’ priorities in order to effectively address meeting requests.
- Track and help assist with the completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
- Organize the marketing leadership meetings, All Hands, off-sites and other key leadership and team meetings; take notes and follow-up on action item
- Manage domestic and international travel and process expense reports on behalf of your executives; organize and assist with special events, team activities and successful meetings through research, participant.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for an Sr. Administrative Assistant who excels at scheduling and calendar requests and who lives the Twilio Magic by demonstrating a track record of providing proactive calendar support, juggling multiple results with bold deadlines and taking effective action without knowing the full picture. We seek someone with:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting executives in a fast-paced environment within the High Tech and marketing industries with the ability to make good decisions to support changing priorities.
- Superior attention to detail and high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information; strong verbal and written communication skills along with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
- Experience building cross-functional relationships, partner closely with leaders, and keep multiple teams and projects on track in parallel.
- Experience planning virtual and in-person off-sites and team-building events; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with Zoom video conferencing with ability to draft presentations, meeting minutes/actions, and coordinate oral and written communication for executives; proficiency with Mac and the Google suite of business programs, especially Google calendar, mail, drive, docs and sheets.
- Ability to operate as an extension of your executives and represent them professionally
- Ability to prioritize and manage needs from various stakeholders with the utmost poise and professionalism.
- The ability to be a team player while working cross functionally with stakeholders across all levels and different business units
This position will be a remote-US role, based in the SF Bay area and sometimes supporting leaders in person at our San Francisco headquarters.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.