See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Accountant (Fixed Term – One Year Contract).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Accountant to be a key contributor on our Colombia Accounting team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager in São Paulo Brazil, this position will ensure our fixed assets, prepayments, accruals, OPEX and other GL transactions are complete and accurate both in US GAAP and IFRS. It will also be a crucial role in ensuring that the company is compliant in regulatory filings and returns to the authorities. This role will partner internally with the Tax, AP & Global Accounting teams to understand what improvements can be made to our processes and anticipate accounting impacts. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their passion for process improvement to a collaborative team-based working environment in a fast-growing company.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be owner of the month-end close processes, operational and accounting procedures, Accounting Reconciliation.
- Be owner of Accounting local Colombian accounting process together with the BPO company.
- Fixed Asset, Prepayment and accrual OPEX controls.
- Prepare Statutory to US GAAP comparison differences.
- Prepare flux analysis of balance sheet and P&L.
- Improvement of Withholding tax calculation, compliance and regulatory filing.
- Improvement in P2P, O2C and R2R process and the impact in GL.
- Cost plus revenue calculation.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years relevant experience working in the Accounting and Tax area preferably at a fast growing Technology company.
- Strong experience of month-end close processes, operational and accounting procedures, Accounting Reconciliation.
- Knowledgeable supporting the external audit and Tax audit.
- Good knowledge of IFRS & US GAAP.
- Knowledge of Statutory to US GAAP comparison difference.
- Knowledge of Tax to Statutory comparison difference.
- Good understanding of P2P, O2C and R2R processes.
- Experience with Withholding tax, compliance and regulatory filing
- Ability to prioritize and work proactively and independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is mandatory.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Previous experience in the Big Four is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle ERP Fusion and NetSuite preferred.
This position will be located in our Colombia office or remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.