See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Accountant on the General Ledger Accounting Team!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to aid the Accounting team provide quality and accurate results on a timely basis. The Senior Accountant would primarily focus on month-end close, reconciliations and daily accounting tasks. Additionally, this position will help us with various projects within the team and other GL transactions.They will partner with Finance, Accounting & Project Management teams to understand what improvements can be made to our processes to ensure it scales with the business and anticipate accounting and SOX compliance impacts
In this role, you’ll:
- Perform an accurate and timely month-end close
- Generate quality reconciliations and identify variances and follow up on them
- Roll up your sleeves and work on various projects such as ERP implementations and M&A integrations
- Cultivate strong relationships with various internal organizations and work with them to improve processes and develop repeatable processes
- Develop and maintain project plans and end-to-end documentation.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3-5 years of accounting experience including experience in public accounting
- Strong understanding of GAAP or IFRS accounting principles and compliance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize and perform multiple projects while working with varying team members, as well as work independently with limited required direction
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Eager to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Finance/Accounting related function
- Ability to work with USA based colleagues (weekly sync calls etc.)
- CA license (or US CPA equivalent license) preferred
- Experience with large ERP system and other general accounting software
- Operational or technical experience accounting for larger companies
This role will be based in our Bangalore, India office.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.