See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sales Development Manager for Segment.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As a Sales Development leader for Segment in Denver, you are responsible for the build-out of a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that take pride in establishing a new customer pipeline by excelling at delivering the Segment message to a broad base of accounts across various industries.
This position requires an innovative approach and a strong desire to deliver a high-quality pipeline while building and leading a strong sales development team. A successful candidate will possess demonstrated skills in building teams from the ground up. You’ll have the opportunity to think strategically by working to achieve a deep understanding of predictable pipeline execution models, proficiency in sales development, and value selling practices as well as leadership philosophy and development. We are looking for a person that can bring vision and purpose to this new market. This position offers the outstanding opportunity to have a spectacular impact on the success of Segment and be a driving force of our new business growth efforts.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead and empower a team of highly driven (and competent) individuals in a high-energy sales development group that calls and qualifies marketing MQL’s and Freemium leads and delivers a predictable stream of SDR qualified leads to sales reps to meet and exceed monthly sales qualified opportunities and Revenue targets
- Coach, develop, and mentor SDRs
- Build an SDR career rubric and a matriculation path to create a bench of expertise for the Segment Go-To-Market team
- Lead and ensure successful cultivation of pipeline through outbound pipeline generation and inbound need qualification.
- Own and forecast pipeline goals by understanding and analyzing top of the funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue influenced across the GTM Organization
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
- Are a strategic problem solver, have strong listening skills, have a passion for Segment’s business, possess strong problem-solving skills, enjoy cross-functional relationship building, have a metrics orientation, and bring a positive and motivational approach to work
- Have 3+ years of leadership experience in high growth organizations and experience building hard-working, inbound, and outbound pipeline generation, teams
- Have a proven record of consistently exceeding opportunity creation and pipeline goals
- Are strategic at creating a future vision for the team and tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Thrive in an environment where you work with both local XFN teams to build the regional vision and culture and also collaborate with remote peers to standardize SDR function in an innovative, accountable, and reliable way
- Are proficient in modern discovery qualification processes/practices
- Have an outstanding presence and proven track record to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of forecasting and managing through data
- Are passionate about delivering delightful experiences to customers
- Experience interviewing, hiring, and developing SDR's
- Experience working with Recruiting to identify “Best Fit” candidates
This role will be based in our Denver, CO office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $112,320.00 – $140,400.00
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.