See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Revenue Accounting Manager (GTM and Deal Support)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support the revenue accounting team as the business continues to grow and evolve. This is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a team where they can proactively identify and implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business.
In this role, you will:
- Build trusted relationships with key business partners, assess go-to-market strategies for technical revenue considerations and provide insightful recommendations
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support company wide initiatives by informing and educating business partners (Sales, Commercial Finance, Deal Strategy and Operations, FP&A, and Legal) on revenue accounting concepts and requirements for revenue recognition
- Work closely with FP&A and Finance on forecast and projections
- Lead discussions with key collaborators to support Commercial Finance and Deal Strategy and Operations with deal negotiations.
- Perform monthly deal review on significant revenue arrangements to ensure accurate revenue recognition under ASC 606, performing research, identifying revenue impacting terms and documenting conclusions, as needed.
- Analyze new and existing products including design, performance obligations, and pricing to provide accounting, risk management support and ensure operational readiness
- Maintain a focus on continuous process improvement by finding opportunities for efficiency and implementing time/resource saving solutions
- Lead and assist with other specific projects, including process improvement initiatives, new product initiatives, system implementation, technical revenue library maintenance and other ad hoc projects
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in accounting or finance related field
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ of relevant accounting experience with increasing responsibility, including experience with GAAP revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Strong GAAP and accounting process knowledge and experience understanding and synthesizing technical accounting standards
- Experience with hands-on deal support and growing business partnerships
- Strong organizational skills and diligent self starter with proven ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- A collaborative working style, experience working across the company with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
- Public accounting experience
- CPA or equivalent
- Experience with high growth technology companies
- Experience with NetSuite, Oracle, Salesforce CRM
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SOX controls
This role will be remote, USA.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $99,360.00 – $124,200.00.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.