See yourself at Twilio
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
As the Regional Vice President, Enterprise Sales, you will be an integral part of the Sales Leadership team building the Sales organization. Critical to success is the ability to build and manage high-performance teams that focus on the acquisition and expansion of Segment across Enterprise accounts. The ideal candidate will effectively balance day-to-day tactical challenges with long-term strategic plans to achieve optimal organizational growth. You will join a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that take pride in establishing new customer relationships, running strategic sales cycles, and delivering the Segment message to a wide base of accounts across various industries.
For the right person that can bring vision, purpose, and drive to our fastest growing market, this position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Segment and be the driving force of our expansion in the enterprise.
What you'll do:
- Help develop and execute strategy for massive growth of our Sales team
- Recruit, develop, and enable a team of experienced enterprise sales executives
- Engage at the Executive level with multi-billion dollar enterprise accounts looking to modernize their marketing and analytics tech stacks
- Accurately forecast the business
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Oversee and cultivate sales through outbound pipeline generation and inbound need qualification
You're a great fit if you:
- Have 8+ years experience exceeding quota and 5+ years experience leading winning teams in software/SaaS, selling to Enterprise accounts
- Have a thorough understanding of SaaS business models; customer data / engagement experience a plus
- Are based in the Central North region of the US
- Are strategic enough to build a team but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Are well-networked to attract top-performing professionals into the sales organization
- Have the ability to lead and earn the trust of seasoned professionals with substantial tenure
- Have a thorough understanding of various routes to market through a broad network of channel partners
- Have instituted strong sales process and methodology around territory planning, assessment, qualification and resource allocation
- Are capable of prioritizing the most critical initiatives with a relentless drive to execute
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, both internally and externally
- Have the desire to be a change-agent in the organization, industrializing processes that scale
- Have a polished, professional presence with the ability to “control the room” with C level customer executives
- Are open to domestic travel (once business travel can resume)
- Business degree required; MBA preferred.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $164,300 – $205,425.00
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $182,600 – $228,250.
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.