- Full Time
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Regional Sales Director, Mid Market – Segment.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio Segment is looking for a Leader to run one of our MM Segment sales organizations. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Segment AEs that will drive opportunities through the entire sales cycle from discovery to closure, employing a solution-oriented sales methodology with a focus on use cases spanning customer data and marketing activation.
The right person for this role is a go-getter, who wants to develop and identify new revenue opportunities across Mid-Market accounts with experience and a passion for new logo acquisition and experience in driving scaled motions around customer expansion. Responsibilities will span managing AEs who will drive the sales process from internal leads as well as prospecting new business prospects and managing these deals to close. Additional responsibilities will include the execution of GTM strategies in the region in close collaboration with the RVP, Sales and respective marketing and sales engineering teams.
In this role, you’ll:
- Help develop and execute strategy for growth of our sales team
- Recruit, develop and enable a team of account executives
- Oversee and ensure successful execution of high velocity and strategic sales cycles
- Engage at the executive level with a range of companies from venture backed high growth technology companies to strategic MM companies looking to modernize their marketing and analytics tech stacks
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed targets through coaching and mentorship
- Accurately forecast the business monthly and quarterly
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Have 8+ years of quota carrying sales experience and 2+ years of direct sales leadership experience, selling to primarily to MM & Enterprise accounts
- Maintain a proven record of consistently exceeding quotas
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Are proficient in modern sales processes/methodologies
- You have proven experience in hiring, training, and retaining high performing AEs across MM and Enterprise roles
- Are passionate about the marketing technology & data landscape
- Have excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skill with a deep understanding of forecasting & managing through data
- MEDDPICC training
This role will be remote, and based in New York or within the tri-state area of North America.
Approximately 10 – 15% travel of travel expected.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of New York. The information below is provided for candidates hired in that location only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in New York: $151,800 – $189,750.
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.