See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Program Manager in Solutions Engineering.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to be a key operational leader within the Global Solutions Engineering team. This includes building and managing key programs and initiatives, leading cadences with executives and key stakeholders, being the point of contact for product and business processes with other teams, and reporting on metrics and execution status.
Twilio is looking for a Program Manager who has a demonstrated track record of designing and leading high-impact programs and initiatives, and scaling team processes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design and manage the delivery of cross-functional programs to increase the impact of the global Solutions Engineering organization across Twilio and to improve the interlock with partner organizations (e.g. Product, Engineering, Enablement, Sales, Product Marketing, etc.). Strong project management skills and attention to detail to execute high impact initiatives.
- Help scale the rapidly growing global Solutions Engineering team and increase team efficiency and collaboration. Ability to take a vision or broad concept, develop structured plans, and then effectively execute those plans across partner teams.
- Lead strategic and operational efficiency projects, communicating proposals and updates to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
- Optimally balance competing priorities and collaborate with partner organizations to deliver on joint strategic initiatives.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, and/or Solutions Engineering, or equivalent understanding of technical organizations and operations.
- Exceptional problem-solving and project management skills – demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, define breakthroughs, and execute to completion.
- Experience building effective relationships, influencing, driving consensus, and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor. Experience collaborating and coordinating efforts internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication across all levels of the organization – from engineers to executives. Ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You deliver well-organized, clear written materials with meaningful synthesis and recommendations (e.g. presentations, emails, etc.).
- Adept in leading and managing without formal authority and bias to action within ambiguous and fast-paced environments. Ability to take a vision or broad concept and then develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics, and effectively execute those plans.
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand, strong bias to action. Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics or equivalent practical experiences.
This role can be remote (based in the United States) or based in our Denver, Colorado or Atlanta, Georgia offices.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.