See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Program Manager – Consumer Trust
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead our Trusted Communications programs and initiatives from strategy to planning and execution, with the goal of preventing fraud and abuse globally. At Twilio, program managers are responsible for defining clear program roadmaps, providing frequent program updates, identifying and communicating risks and adjustments, and ensuring commitments are delivered on time. You will shepherd cross functional collaboration and alignment across functional areas (e.g. product, R&D, legal, marketing, pre-sales, sales, finance) and across business units, quickly identifying risks/blockers to program delivery and actively pursuing remedies, and ultimately driving program execution and delivery across a series of related initiatives.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work cross-functionally across multiple organizations to identify processes that best support initiatives that require cross-functional collaboration in order to deliver business outcomes. Iterate and improve based on feedback from all stakeholders.
- Build program frameworks and operational processes that increase the efficiency and quality of execution of the team.
- Get your hands dirty and have a get-it-done mentality.
- Align executives, communicate the roadmap, convince peers, coordinate dependencies and remove obstacles for your team along the way.
- Partner with cross functional teams to quickly identify challenges, and recommend impactful solutions that exceed the status quo.
- Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics and bring business first focus to technology initiatives. Deep dive regularly into data and metrics to identify risks and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights.
- Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project/program management as needed, draft quarterly and annual team roadmaps.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and the broader Platform Engineering organization.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
- Minimum of 4 years of Program Management experience partnering closely with Engineering, Product and Operations teams in the high tech or SaaS product space.
- Experience leading multiple key strategic initiatives from concept to launch.
- Fluency in the B2B space, including driving programs to deliver products for enterprise level customers.
- Experience communicating and presenting to different levels in the organization including executive teams.
- Experience driving outcomes with strategic partners and customers.
- Experience developing or managing engineering or product portfolio planning and tracking processes and cadences.
- Shown success in optimizing program cadences and continuously increasing value delivery.
- Strong eye for business and credibility to accurately identify risk, lead it, and anticipate the impact of business events on leadership needs.
- Lead multiple inputs from internal contributors to deliver a variety of key initiatives that may be business, analytical, financial, or technical in nature.
- Ability to handle multiple contending priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a problem solver, have an analytical mindset and have experience collaborating across teams to solve complex business challenges.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills and comfort with ambiguity.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to quickly build credibility with technical teams, talk their language and be the connective tissue between technology, business, and operations organizations.
- You are highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally, working effectively with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing programs in the Risk & Fraud prevention, compliance, user protection, email, messaging, e-communication, surveillance space preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
This role will be <remote, based in USA.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $87,360.00 – $137,280.00
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.