See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Product Manager, Public Sector
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive our growth and customer adoption in the public sector industry.
Twilio is looking for a hardworking and curious Principal Product Manager to be a key leader in Twilio’s Product Growth and Experience team. You will be the voice of the customer (internal and external) across R&D, build out roadmaps, develop and maintain programs that scale, and work cross-functionally to make public sector customers successful. You will work alongside sales, marketing, product and engineering, security, partners, and customers.deliver what our customers need. This role will drive the business and technical strategy for how to provide the best experience for customers in the public sector.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own the roadmap for Twilio’s public sector customers. Develop and evangelize both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and create roadmaps, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve roadblocks
- Deeply understand the customer requirements, including compliance standards for the public sector industry, and identify opportunities to level up customer trust and satisfaction
- Work with globally distributed horizontal teams across R&D and use influence to drive to targeted outcomes
- Interview and engage directly with internal and external customers. Create reports and presentations that can effectively communicate customer requirements and opportunities at all levels of the organization.
- Support the development of horizontal programs that are scalable across the organization
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years of experience in product management for a technology company servicing public sector / government customers
- Experience pursuing and achieving FedRAMP authorization for a cloud service provider
- Understanding of enterprise / B2B go-to-market and experience talking to customers, understanding their problems, and synthesizing the findings to advise product strategy
- Have led by influence across distributed product teams and driven product design and requirements across many product roadmaps and engineering teams
- Have proven strong analytical abilities and a preference for making data driven decisions
- Demonstrated track record of “roll up your sleeves and just get-it-done” approach in a highly ambiguous environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical fields
This role will be based in our Denver, Colorado or US Remote office.
Approximately 5% travel necessary.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $116312.00 – $182,776.00
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.