Because you belong at Twilio.
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact engagement platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable customer engagement experience. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customise their Flex solution.
To help us on this path, we are looking for a product leader who will lead a team of product managers responsible for Twilio Flex Pricing. This leader will be responsible for vision, strategy, execution of pricing for Flex. This position reports to the Senior Director of Flex Product Strategy and Growth.
We are looking for a Senior Product Leader. The ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of enterprise software pricing and packaging experience (SaaS preferred) implementing pricing and packaging strategies related to product and service offerings
- 10+ years total PM experience, w/ minimum 3 years managing PM teams (preferred in a B2B high-growth product or platform: contact center, CRM, unified communication / collaboration, productivity, or similar)
- Ability to manage multiple projects & priorities, seamlessly moving between strategy & execution
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills, with experience influencing change across a global & matrix organization
- Proven experience developing packaging approach & bundling strategies in partnership with product leadership, and promoting value-based pricing and value proposition against competitive offerings
- Experience leading a data-driven approach to PM decision-making
- Consistent track record of developing strategy, defining requirements, delivering to the market, and improving offering based on market feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, cooperative working style
- Ability to build and mentor a growing PM team
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA preferred
As the Director of Flex Pricing , Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: • Set and lead vision and pricing & packaging strategies that capture Flex’s value proposition and competitive advantages. Own the pricing strategy for Flex including pricing model, discounts, offers, packaging, bundles, segmentation, and new product pricing. Drive execution of that strategy by partnering with the billing team and other product teams and using an iterative release process from pilot to general availability.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be the voice of our customers in every conversation by developing a deep understanding of customer value and economics and competitive alternatives. Work closely with the Twilio pricing team and finance to run experiments and launch new pricing models and capabilities. Partner with the marketing team to position and launch new pricing models and capabilities.
- DON’T SETTLE: Partner and align with GTM, finance, and R&D, convince peers, coordinate dependencies and remove obstacles to delivering the vision.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build, mentor, and nurture a growing product team. Clearly communicate plans to stakeholders from product, cross functional teams to Flex, and Twilio executives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Get your hands dirty and have a get-it-done mentality
- BE BOLD: Develop and evangelize, internally and externally,
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is anywhere in the US. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks