Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where, and Why
Twilio is seeking a Program Manager to be integral to success as you focus on driving people-related projects. As a member of the Program and Process Excellence Team, you will be dedicated to helping COE Product Managers drive forward initiatives, support progress reporting to all key stakeholders, manage interdependencies within broader transformation programs, and resolve conflict issues. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Evaluating business needs by studying, analyzing, and understanding existing business procedures and processes using standard project methodology.
- Participating in obtaining and understanding project requirements and transforming them into supportable and business-aligned specifications and solutions.
- Analyzing and reviewing data for performance analysis and prepare performance documentation (e.g., operational reviews)
- Participating in the evaluation of existing technology (tools/process) and providing input to affect more efficient operations
- Supporting application and customizations, configurations, upgrades, deployments, issue escalation, functionality expertise as well as general user questions/training
- Troubleshooting of system and process issues
This role will assist in making recommendations for process improvements to drive results and solutions further and other duties as assigned.
The People Team at Twilio is rapidly expanding to support the company’s exponential growth. This role will be a critical member of our People Team responsible for progressing our People Project Management Office and play a critical role in delivering on our People engagement model. This role will ensure the successful and consistent ongoing operation of People programs. This includes the overall management, coordination, and controls, as well as the associated change management.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited to roll up their sleeves to accelerate the People function’s engagement with employees and managers globally through exceptional HR service. You are detail-oriented with an execution mindset and also have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in program management, 3+ years of delivering cross-functional projects. Experience leading HR projects is highly desired.
- Profound project management skills. Must be able to plan, organize and drive projects to completion effectively—experience managing resources in a matrix environment without direct authority.
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; must demonstrate outstanding skills in time sensitivity, responsiveness, follow-through, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- General HR subject matter expertise to understand the topics, raise issues, and remove obstacles. Experience with leading transformational projects/programs is a plus.
- Strong facilitation skills and proven ability to persuade and influence change and enable collaboration in a cross-functional setting.
- Strong ability to influence, engage and lead cross-functional teams while facilitating an environment of inclusion and collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to build effective work relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, identifying and resolving complex issues. Will take the initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the entire life cycle
As Program Manager, you will live the following Twilio Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Manage the optimization and operations of crucial global programs across the employee lifecycle. Prioritize program initiatives and ensure they are compliant, incorporate regional nuances, and are delivered on time. Develop and manage metrics to monitor program results, proactively identify risks, inform decisions, and drive continuous improvement—an initiative to drive and execute a program forward with little oversight.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Oversee assigned program portfolio, collaborate cross-functionally and build consensus among multiple stakeholders. Develop strong relationships globally and collaborate effectively across teams, pulling in the right partners at the right time to define strategy, goals, and commitment to timelines and deliverables.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Contribute to the ongoing development of employee-focused global program initiatives. Keep employee experience and self-service at the forefront of program design and delivery to build a seamless, timely experience and improve operational efficiency.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Ensure the appropriate level of documentation of all program-related deliverables, including process maps, templates, and workflows. Develop implementation plans following established project management methodologies, which are well-structured from a process, communications, and change management perspective.
- We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
- You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 99,840.00 – 124,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 87,360.00 – 109,200.00
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks