See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Mid-Market Account Executive, Segment Specialist Sales
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Specialty sales role focused on selling Twilio Segment’s Customer Data Platform into an $80Bn TAM. This role will work closely with multiple Twilio generalists to uncover net new and existing software opportunities while representing Segment in the full sales cycle. This is a top initiative for the business and will focus on a large geographical footprint.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build upon the growth & adoption of Segment in the Mid-Market (< 2,000 employees)
- Lead compelling presentations of Segment’s product and vision to a broad range of audiences from c-level executives to individual contributors
- Develop expansion opportunities from our existing customer base and land new target accounts alongside Twilio Generalists
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities
- Partner with and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Sales Development, Legal, Engineering, Security, Marketing, Product) to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles
- Engage in team development and mentoring
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table
- 3+ years of experience in a closing role at a SaaS provider, with a record of top performance
- 2 years of Mid-Market sales experience, you know what it means to navigate a complex organization
- Experience working in team selling environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an evolving work environment
- Unwavering dedication to be successful and constantly develop your career
- Intellectual curiosity and high ambition
- Cross selling experience in IT, Marketing, Data, Analytics and Engineering
- Business value selling experience
This role will be located in Dublin or London.
Approximately 25% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.