See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as Manager, Scaled Renewals.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Manager of Scaled Renewals is responsible for ensuring the successful and timely renewals of Twilio Segment’s customers at scale. This leader will be accountable for driving the Gross Retention Rate (“GRR”) of a global set of Growth, Mid-Market and Enterprise customers. They will lead and build a team of expert Renewals Account Executives responsible for the renewal of low-touch customers at Twilio Segment.
This team succeeds if they are recognized cross-functionally as having an always up-to-date perspective on the health of their customers, ability to surface risk early, and support account teams to ultimately lead to a predictable and successful renewal. This team will excel by using data and cross-functional partnerships to create a predictable forecast and in a timely manner execute the renewal stage of our customers.
Twilio Segment’s Renewals team is growing rapidly in terms of scale, efficiency and scope. Our goal is to build a team that can create customer relationships quickly and act as advisors and partners to their customers, particularly in the renewal phase of their journey.
- Cultivate a culture of learning with skill development plans allowing Renewal Account Executives to build new high value customer engagement playbooks
- Maintain a high-quality 6 month forecast on a weekly basis
- Drive strong internal collaboration with Customer Success, Sales, Sales Engineering, Product, Professional Services, Support, and Value Engineering teams to ensure there is a mutual understanding of the value Segment is delivering to our customers
- Lead team to deliver measurably strong on-time renewals and GRR
- Work closely with peer Scaled CSM teams supporting large Growth, Mid-Market, and Enterprise customers to identify and mitigate risks and source opportunities
- Engage with customers directly as executive sponsor for key accounts to build relationships and drive adoption & growth strategy
- This position reports to the Director, Global Renewals
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years experience in people management
- 2+ years in leadership roles in B2B SaaS
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Success, Sales, or Account Management
- Experience in collaborating with customer success, sales, and professional services teams to drive successful customer outcomes
- Experience working in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization selling technology solutions
- Lead cross-functional change with vision and a highly collaborative leadership style
- Strong track record of performance across a broad spectrum of customers, ranging from Growth, Mid-Market to Enterprise accounts
- Experience leading a pooled, pod-based, or other low-touch/high-scale customer programs
- Experience in supporting products that appeal to multiple buyer personas including Marketing, Success/Support, Engineering, Product, Data, and Analytics
This position will be remote or in a Twilio office if located near one, for candidates located in the US.
You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $85,700 – $107,100.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, equal opportunity factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.