See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Lead Employment Counsel
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to provide exceptional employment law support to our People Team, the business, and other stakeholders across APAC as we continue to grow the region across multiple locations.
We’re seeking a Lead Employment Counsel to join our growing global Employment Legal Team. This role will be responsible for driving the Employment Legal Team’s approach in APAC and will provide practical daily legal advice on a full range of employment issues across the region.
This position will be based in APAC, ideally in Singapore.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide practical daily employment law advice on a full range of employment issues relating to recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, conduct issues, compensation, benefits and terminations across multiple jurisdictions in APAC;
- Manage internal dispute resolution and employment-related litigation;
- Advise our People Team on restructuring and re-organisations efforts;
- Oversee the work of external counsel on litigation matters and requests for discrete advice and project work as needed;
- Provide support on investigations and with the compliance strategy in APAC;
- Manage multiple internal relationships with internal stakeholders in APAC including People, Legal, and business functions;
- Support our People Team, with a focus on collaborating with key stakeholders to build and improve People processes and policies; and
- Support merger and acquisition transactions and related integration of employees.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A recognised professional qualification from an accredited legal body;
- 6+ years experience as a lawyer either in a law firm or in-house environment;
- Experience working on multi-jurisdictional employment matters in APAC;
- Experience managing employment litigation, appeals tribunals, agency investigations, and / or negotiating separation agreements; and
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing).
- Experience advising on employment matters in India would be particularly relevant;
- Great attention to detail while understanding the big picture.
- The ability to identify and escalate issues appropriately, while making recommendations for resolution.
- Flexibility to embrace frequent change in all forms while keeping the Company’s broader goals in mind.
This role will be based in our Sydney office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.