See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our nex: Senior Regional Director APAC Sales
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a Sales Leader to run our Segment sales organizations in APJ. The ideal candidate will lead a team of Segment Sales Account Executives responsible for driving the entire opportunity sales cycle from discovery to closure, employing a solution-oriented sales methodology with a focus on customer data and marketing activation use cases.
The right person for this role is a go-getter, who wants to develop people and identify new revenue opportunities in Enterprise, Mid-Market, and Growth companies. You are the right candidate if you have a passion for new logo acquisition and experience in driving scaled motions around customer expansion. Responsibilities will span managing AEs that drive the end to end sales process from marketing generated leads and outbound self generated prospects. Additional responsibilities include the execution of GTM strategies in the region in close collaboration with respective marketing and sales engineering teams.
If you are a leader who believes deeply in building inclusive and anti-racist environments, allowing employees from all backgrounds to contribute, grow and prosper, we’d love to hear from you. As a senior leader in APJ, you must be a visible advocate and champion for our values, the Twilio Magic, helping build Twilio’s brand as an inclusive and diverse employer both internally and within the communities of our hubs in APJ. You must believe a diverse team, from the top down, allows all employees to achieve their full potential and as a result will allow Twilio to reach our goals, collectively.
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale.
Continuing to build out and grow our APJ business is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. We bring incredible value to growth, mid-market and enterprise companies, and thrive on finding new use cases to optimize their customer engagement. With no vertical restraints, the sky's the limit to what we can accomplish.
In this role, you will:
- Help develop and execute strategy for massive growth of our sales team
- Recruit, develop and enable a team of account executives
- Oversee and ensure successful execution of high velocity and strategic sales cycles
- Engage at the executive level with a range of companies from venture backed high growth technology companies to strategic MM & Enterprise companies looking to modernize their marketing and analytics tech stacks
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed targets through coaching and mentorship
- Accurately forecast the business
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Cultivate sales through a specialist design framework aligned with the Twilio generalist organization
- Have 8+ years of quota carrying sales experience and 5+ years of direct sales leadership experience, selling to primarily to MM & Enterprise accounts
- Maintain a proven record of consistently exceeding quotas
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Are proficient in modern sales processes/methodologies
- You have proven experience in hiring, training, and retaining high performing AEs across MM and Enterprise roles
- Are passionate about the marketing technology & data landscape
- Have excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skill with a deep understanding of forecasting & managing through data .
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
This role will be based in our Singapore office, with travel across the region required when needed.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.