See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next GTM Intelligence, Planning Analyst – Segment.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is seeking a talented, creative, and high-integrity Analyst to join our Segment GTM Intelligence team to focus on Sales Planning and Strategy. The Analyst will support critical components of the planning process, using data to build Account Scoring models, identify propensity to buy, model capacity and quota coverage, etc. The role will collaborate with Sales Strategy, Sales Leadership, Marketing, Customer Experience and Finance teams to enable executive decision making. This is a highly visible and impactful role in Segment’s Go-to-Market org.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own data driven projects directly related to improving our annual planning process
- Partner closely with the Sales Strategy team to deliver insights and processes that will help them operationalize our annual plan
- Develop hypotheses, structure analytical problem solving approaches and develop recommendations for optimizing Go-to-market performance
- Identify, research, and conduct analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects, leveraging tools, such as Salesforce and Tableau
- Collaborate extensively across other functions like Finance, Sales strategy, Data strategy, and Sales Leadership
- Own the operationalization of our pipeline model
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in business analytics, statistics, or finance
- Ability to manipulate large data sets with high dimensionality and complexity; fluency in Excel/Google Sheets and BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker). Experience with SQL preferred
- Broad understanding of the GTM motion, including sales organizational models, compensation plans and quota structuring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and communicate high level executive summaries and in-depth work instructions and process documentation
- Experience in a SaaS company directly or in a strategy consulting environment preferred
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, think through problems to come up with innovative solutions and deliver against very tight deadlines
This role will be based in our New York, San Francisco, Denver, or one of our other remote office locations or will be 100% remote.
Our expectation is that the team will get together in person 1-2 times/quarter once it is safe to do so.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $90,320.00 – $112,900.00.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.