Because you belong at Twilio and Segment is now a part of Twilio
Join the team as our next Growth Account Executive.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Growth Account Executive to play a key role in further growing the business. As our new Growth Account Executive you will be responsible for prospecting, solution selling, and closing our Growth accounts (1-100 employees) including some of the most successful startups.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for new logo acquisition and driving revenue while being assigned a quota for net new ARR and maintaining the highest levels of customer happiness and excellence.
- Work with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements. You will need to understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a solution for their specific use case needs.
- Work diligently with teams in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Pricing and Operations to design effective contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business.
- Passionate about what you do and you think outside of the box, have world-class interpersonal and make sophisticated, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- Ability to balance meaningful priorities and prioritize multiple project/deals. As an added bonus, you’ve previously sold SaaS, Cloud or enterprise software to B2B.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years' of experience
- Mandatory fluent English and Portuguese
- 3+ years of shown success in being responsible for your pipeline of business and directly selling a product or service in a SaaS/Telco environment
- Experience outbound prospecting into install base, greenfield prospecting into new accounts, and performing QBR strategy for territory penetration
- Experience providing detailed daily/weekly/monthly forecasting metrics and communicate them in a succinct manner
- Great teammate mentality, empowers others, displays a positive demeanor, works hard, shows up on time and prepared for meetings, attends trainings, proactive mentality, a strong EQ, and are accountable/diligent
- Nurtured your interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to easily make sophisticated details sound simple. You are technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Confident in a high tempo environment with many priorities and have the ability to optimally handle your time.
- An understanding (or interest to understand) the cloud computing/communications business model and are excited about the prospect of selling to a technical audience. You have a passion for a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you.
- APIs, Integration System, Telecom and Contact Center knowledge.
This role will be based in our São Paulo, Brazil office.
Approximately 40% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.