See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Engineering Manager, Email Platform Billing.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Customer Lifecycle group is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with stakeholders and product teams to design and implement the infrastructure for all of Twilio Email Platform’s customer activities on our system. The Billing engineering team is a key part of the Customer Lifecycle ecosystem that ensures accurate, timely billing for customers’ utilization of Twilio Email products and provides seamless and secure mechanisms where customers can manage their billing preferences. We are seeking a dynamic and inspired engineering leader to join us as the Senior Manager of the Billing engineering team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead a team of back-end engineers responsible for delivering a platform that focuses on accurate billing for direct, enterprise and partner customers; creates billing services and tooling to enable other team’s releases of new products; and provides an extensible architecture that allows Twilio Email to offer numerous payment options, integrate with other Twilio products and automate fulfillment processes.
- Provide Twilio product teams with robust APIs and tooling to enable internal users to manage reporting, fulfillment, and product catalog changes in support of their own business objectives.
- Institute engineering best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable services.
- Distill complex thoughts and concepts simply by being articulate and concise in written and verbal communication.
- Be responsible for hiring and retaining great people, mentor through candid, caring, and timely feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver. You are also able to dig in and support your team to solve hard technical problems and provide technical guidance as we grow to a massive scale.
- Champion Agile methodologies and core values to facilitate optimized execution and continuous delivery for the team.
- Instill an ownership culture within your team, delivering operationally mature systems that are highly available, resilient, and maintainable.
- Have passion, empathy, and you wear the customer’s shoes.
- Have a passion for mentoring managers and building teams.
- Drive accountability around identifying, tracking and communicating team-level KPI’s, SLA’s and SLO’s.
- Partner with amazing architects, product and program managers and along the way to move big rocks for Twilio.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 4+ years engineering management experience in a large scale enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading/mentoring engineers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow.
- Architecture and systems vision and the ability to communicate, advocate, and execute with your team on that vision.
- Technical savvy and experience with the cloud, API’s, and enterprise software.
- Success at participating in cross-functional teams; naturally collaborative but decisive when needed.
- Strong influential and persuasion skills to manage Right vs Right Now engineering decisions.
- Demonstrated record in unblocking teams and projects, delivering against product roadmaps.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies, with experience facilitating scrum teams.
- Solid experience integrating with payment platforms such as Zuora, Stripe, Worldpay, etc.
- Experience leading one or more teams delivering and supporting Billing and Revenue platforms.
- Experience managing remote teams
This role will be located in our Denver, Colorado office and U.S. remote candidates will also be considered.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role in Denver/Boulder Metro, Colorado, is $160,896 – $221,232. The rest of Colorado is $140,784 – $193,578.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.