Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an experienced professional services leader with a unique combination of leadership presence and credibility, technical depth, business acumen and passion to guide the Customer Onboarding team at Twilio. The position reports to the VP of Global Professional Services and works closely with Services leadership along with other teams and leaders across the company. The mission of Customer Onboarding is to make our new customers productive using Twilio as quickly as possible, so they start recognizing business benefits. For smaller customers, this is typically done via short, packaged services offerings and fractional resources; for larger or more complex customers, onboarding may require a custom Statement of Work and fulltime resources!
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading global customer onboarding or customer success teams. They also have:
- 10+ years experience in leading Professional Services, Customer Success or Customer Support within a SaaS/Cloud based software company.
- Prior experience with Customer Onboarding practices, trends, and tools required.
- Successfully managed P&Ls and/or had budget management responsibilities.
- Experience building a happy, cohesive team spirit in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Resourceful with a proven ability to anticipate change and proactively adjust priorities and strategies accordingly.
- Effect communication about business value and return on investment.
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally in a global environment.
- Open to travel up to 25%.
As the Head of Customer Onboarding, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Provide overall functional leadership to multi-disciplined remote teams. Develop the Customer Onboarding practice through the creation of repeatable processes and implementation standard methodologies. Develop, measure, and lead critical metric tracking management, to include review meetings, identification of opportunities, tracking and driving initiatives, and measuring the impact of change.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Enable the team’s collective success, delivering an elite customer onboarding experience and building a cohesive, high-caliber Onboarding practice of 15+ consultants and 3+ managers. Contribute to the growth of the professional services business as a member of the senior management team. Recruit, onboard, train and develop talent, as well as retain them by fostering supportive and collaborative team culture.
- BE BOLD: Drive a culture of continuous improvement by establishing and maintaining a robust team where new ideas and solutions are encouraged, evaluated, quantified and implemented. Develop strong internal partnerships with sales, product management, support, and customer success teams to ensure that Onboarding services are seamlessly delivered in an integrated, aligned and collaborative manner and produce business outcomes that positively impact onboarding, adoption and retention.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Have a customer first approach. Optimally lead field issues and collaborate with internal partners to develop positive outcomes!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$146,240 – $201,080
Rest of Colorado:
$137,100 – $188,513
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks