See yourself at Segment a Division of Twilio
Join the team as our next Deal Desk Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Segment.io a division of Twilio, is a customer data infrastructure (CDI) platform that collects, stores and routes data from users to hundreds of tools and digital properties.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Segment-Twilio, is growing rapidly and seeking a curious, action-oriented Deal Desk Manager to be the point of contact, encouraging leader and contributor in support for deal execution. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Deal Desk, this position is an individual contributor role and a critical partner to the Sales organization to optimize deal execution for Enterprise accounts.
The scope of the role includes understanding and interpreting the impact of non standard terms and pricing requests with levels of ambiguity, while continually applying sound business acumen to help drive best practices and drive towards scalable outcomes. This includes articulating deal economics to sales and Deal Desk leadership, scenario modeling margin analysis, driving alignment to product strategies and assessing the operational requirements within the quote to order lifecycle to improve deal cycle time. This role will work to appropriately structure the deal to be a ‘Win-Win’ for both the customers and Segment-Twilio!
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with and establish solid trusted working relationships with team members, Product Management, Commercial Legal, Billing Operations, Order Management, Finance, and Sales Executives with ability to influence policy, process and tooling automation requirements.
- Demonstrate ability as a trusted advisor, managing sophisticated contracts, subject matter expertise with standard terms of service, deep understanding of pricing.
- Navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- Perform price / discount realization analysis, combined with relevant deal context, and present actionable recommendations to key business approvers
- Comprehensive experience in Salesforce and CPQ, MS-Office and / or G-Suite experience
- Contribute to automating and streamlining our global deal processes via ad hoc operations and systems focused projects
- Partner with cross-functional departments to learn and identify business needs and help facilitate the end-to-end deal process (e.g. deal structuring, approvals, and order management)
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years experience of exceptional and recognized track record with an ability to leverage strong Sales Operations and / or Pricing experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams
- SaaS business knowledge, a working knowledge of revenue recognition (GAAP, ASC 606) and a basic awareness of commercial contract law
- Solid understanding of the Quote to Order stages within the Lead to Cash lifecycle
- Proficiency in nativating Salesforce and CPQ and / or similar systems
- A digilent, detail oriented skill set, able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple responsibilities at one time, while remaining extremely organized
- Strong analytical skills – expert in statistical analysis & financial modeling.
- Decisive – Uses a framework and process by which to make and influence decisions, sometimes with incomplete data, throughout the organization
This role will be remote, and based in the East Coast, USA.
No travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $90,320 – $124,190
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.