See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next EMEA Deal Desk Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to be the point of contact, inspiring leader and contributor in support for all regional deal execution. Reporting to the Director, Worldwide Deal Desk, this position is an individual contributor role initially and a critical partner to the Sales organization to optimize deal execution for Growth, Mid market and Enterprise accounts.
The scope of the role includes understanding and interpreting the impact of any non standard customer requests, while continually applying sound business acumen to ensure optimal, predictable and scalable solution outcomes. This includes articulating the deal economics, scenario modelling pricing models, aligning to product strategies and assessing the operational requirements within the quote to order lifecycle.
In short, this role is integral to deliver on the quarterly goals and optimize the revenue growth opportunity. It touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
In this role, you will:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assess deal economics, pioneer deal enablement initiatives to further our value and impact, and accelerate deal execution velocity. Identify and drive process improvement to simplify the sales motion that results in low touch / high velocity scalable practices. Be the guardian and educator of internal business policies.
- DRAW THE OWL: Perform price / discount realization analysis, combined with relevant deal context, and present actionable recommendations to key business approvers. Identify and qualify new deal structuring opportunities,
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assume both the day to day tactical requirements of the role while always focused on providing strategic guidance to our Sales team for the high touch Enterprise opportunities
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and collaborate extensively across all functional teams within Twilio including the broader Deal Desk function
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Develop strong meaningful professional rapport with the Sales leaders, develop an understanding of customer requirements and champion regionally focused deal solutions
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years experience of exceptional and recognized track record in a Deal Desk capacity with an ability to leverage strong Sales Operations and / or Pricing experience
- SaaS business knowledge, a working knowledge of revenue recognition (GAAP, ASC 606) and a basic awareness of commercial contract law
- Solid understanding of the Quote to Order stages within the Lead to Cash lifecycle
- Proficiency in nativating Salesforce and CPQ and / or similar systems
- Ability to interpret, model, solutionize and articulate deviations to standard operating practises and models
- Ability to interpret and present the risk / reward evaluation for deal opportunities to accelerate business decisions and deal execution
- Strong analytical skills – expert in statistical analysis & financial modeling.
- Decisive – Uses a framework and process by which to make and influence decisions, sometimes with incomplete data, throughout the organization
This role will be located in our London or Dublin office.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.