See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Content Marketing S, Content Writer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Content Writer, ideally with long form magazine experience, to be a key addition to Twilio's Content Marketing team. This role will focus on creating high level, high quality content for our line-of-business digital magazine, The Current.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work closely with stakeholders on the content marketing team, as well as across key partners in brand, customer marketing, public relations, campaigns, product, and other teams to develop strategic digital content that attracts and retains The Current’s target audience while also supporting broader campaign objectives.
- Participate in editorial planning discussions to develop a clear content strategy for their work, then interview internal SMEs, stakeholders, and customers to craft compelling narratives in alignment with editions and reports published on The Current.
- focus primarily on written content creation, and would ideally have multimedia experience enabling the integration of video, imagery, and other multimedia into a content experience.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years’ experience interviewing and writing;
- Experiencing working closely with stakeholders of all types, from SMEs to marketing to legal, to collect feedback, identify key narratives, and maintain narrative integrity throughout the review/revision process;
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills;
- Adobe Creative Suite (or similar) experience.
- Experience writing for a high-level, complex audience;
- Journalism or similar background;
- A keen eye for detail, copy editing experience.
This role will be based in Denver, Colorado.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $49,224 – $70,320.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.