- Full Time
See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Chief of Staff for the Twilio Data & Applications Organization (TDA). This is a Senior Director position reporting directly into the President of TDA.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
We are in need of a motivated and adaptable leader to join our TDA leadership team, as a Chief of Staff (CoS), to the President of TDA. This will be a Senior Director level position and will be the right hand to the President, helping to drive forward the strategic direction of the global TDA team (~2000 HC). The expectation is that this individual serves as a strategic thought partner and advisor to the TDA President on all matters pertaining to the TDA organization impacting people, operations, and systems. The CoS will help build and manage TDA operating rhythms and key processes, strategic planning, run point on key cross-functional projects and a wide range of critical activities including operational cadence, metrics, and internal communications.
The TDA CoS will partner closely with the top line of TDA Staff (Strategy & Operations Leader, SVPs of Sales, SVP of Product, Chief Marketing Officer, VP of Revenue Operations, and TDA People and Finance Leaders) to drive forward strategic priorities and goals while also influencing the culture of the organization. Additionally, this individual will engage with members of Twilio’s executive team (CEO, CFO, CPO, CLO, President of Communications).
A successful candidate will be viewed by the entire team as a key person behind the scenes making sure everything in the Twilio TDA organization runs smoothly and efficiently, is proactive and willing to support both the leadership team and other TDA Twilions, and has presence, judgment, and capability to represent the President and her staff in certain capacities.
Because of you, projects in the TDA team will be run better; Twilio will make better decisions and execute at a higher level, and the TDA leadership team will be more effective. You’re doing this because you want to make a broad impact and you want to learn more about Twilio’s business!
- Own the TDA-wide operating cadences: Weekly Leadership Meetings, Monthly Operating Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews ensuring agendas are set, content is high-quality, and the team is prepared for dialog at the right altitude.
- Partner with the TDA Finance Leader to manage organizational budget and headcount to ensure on-plan delivery of costs and business outcomes
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product financials to be able to advise on strategic direction of the portfolio
- Partner with TDA Comms to build an annual system cadence to drive communication, all hands content, internal / external executive decks and collateral regarding Twilio’s products and technologies
- Facilitate the planning, coordinating, and keeping contents of strategic meetings such as Monthly Operating Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs)
- Identify continued practice / process improvement opportunities and partner with respective leaders to drive improvements
- Analyze data of metrics to provide insight and recommendations to improve the organization’s effectiveness
- Prepare written reports, communications, and other materials as required by the TDA
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 12+ years' work experience in complex and fast-paced environments
- 5+ years’ partnering with executives
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with executives
- Prior experience working in a tech organization
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments, as well as influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills and adept at using key data and reporting tools
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Familiarity with SaaS and cloud technologies and products in the market
- A metrics orientation and desire for operational excellence
This role will be located remotely in the USA. Occasional travel to SF is anticipated.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $193,760 – $242,200
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $205,200 – $256,500
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $227,920 – $284,900
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.