See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as AVP, Global Customer Success.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The AVP of Global Customer Success is responsible for ensuring the health, adoption, growth, and value realization of Twilio Segment’s customers. This senior leader will be accountable for driving GRR and NRR performance as a 3rd line leader. They will lead a team of both high-touch and medium-touch CSMs building a world class organization of experts at unlocking the power of customer data for the companies they work with. This team succeeds if they are recognized cross-functionally as having an always up-to-date perspective on the health of their customers, a prediction for where that health will be given the planned activities, surface risk early, and identify upsell, cross-sell, and expansion opportunities.
Twilio Segment’s Customer Success team is growing rapidly in terms of scale, efficiency and scope. Our goal is to build CSMs who can act as advisors and partners to their customers in their journey starting with early adoption of first party customer data, through a high performance CDP, and into anchoring their businesses around a customer engagement platform.
- Coach, manage, and mentor a growing team of experienced and first time leaders in the CS org
- Cultivate a culture of learning with skill development plans allowing CSMs to build new high value customer engagement playbooks
- Drive strong internal collaboration with Renewals, Sales, Sales Engineering, Product, Professional Services, Support, and Value Engineering teams
- Lead team to deliver measurably strong product adoption, customer health, revenue retention, and revenue growth
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency and scale in CSM activities by partnering with the Customer Success Program Management (CSPM) team to blend tech-touch and human-touch offerings
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to develop & operationalize standards for customer advocacy and referenceability
- Champion the efforts, outcomes, and attribution of the CSM team’s activities to leadership
- Engage with customers directly as executive sponsor for key accounts to build relationships and drive adoption & growth strategy
- This position reports to the VP of Customer Success, Renewals, and Value Engineering
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years experience in people management
- Experience as a 3rd line manager, in particular growing teams from 50 to 150+
- 5+ years in leadership roles in B2B SaaS
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Success
- Exceptional development track record of first and second line managers
- Experience in collaborating with sales, marketing and product teams to innovate the customer journey and onboarding experience
- Experience working in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization selling technology solutions
- Lead cross-functional change with vision and a highly collaborative leadership style
- Strong track record of performance across a broad spectrum of customers, ranging from Growth, Mid-Market to Enterprise accounts
- 2+ years experience as a leader in either GTM or Product teams other than Customer Success
- Experience in supporting products that appeal to multiple buyer personas including Marketing, Success/Support, Engineering, Product, Data, and Analytics
This position will be remote or in a Twilio office if located near one, for candidates located in the US with up to 30% business travel.
You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.