Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for a positive, professional, and dependable individual to join the Workplace Experience and Real Estate team as a co-op! This dynamic role is key in creating a culture of support and teamwork. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to join a fast-paced startup and views each day as an opportunity to improve the days of all our Toasters. You are happy to pitch in with tasks and come to work every day with a smile.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Spend time shadowing and assisting the Workplace Experience Coordinator & Facilities Coordinator.
- Greet stakeholders, sign for deliveries and engage with vendors, and provide tours when necessary.
- Ensure that visitors have signed NDAs, and are escorted through Toast facilities as necessary.
- Embody the “Face of Toast,” persona, by making each visitor feel appreciated and welcomed.
- Maintain the ordering and support of office operation components.
- Assist with research projects, and a variety of administrative and special projects throughout Toast’s facilities.
- Support Workplace Experience programs and events.
- Assist with a number of projects pertaining to:
- New ways of working in a hybrid environment
- Building out a “workplace experience” for our remote team members
- Understanding and finding room for improvement in our Toasters day to day experience coming to, working in, and departing our workplace
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
The ideal candidate in this role will be customer-oriented with strong organization skills, the ability to manage a variety of tasks, competing priorities, & customer service scenarios.
- Currently enrolled in an academic degree program.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business, or Communications
- Interest in working in operations & hospitality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance all responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve on your feet and come up with creative solutions to everyday problems.
- Ability to work 40-hours per week throughout the experience (January – May/June).
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.