Workplace Experience & Facilities Coordinator
at our Nashville Configuration Center
Our Workplace Experience and Facilities Coordinator will be tasked with holding down the fort at our configuration center in Nashville. This person will act as the “go to person” coordinating everything from office management, event planning, vendor management, and security operations. The ideal candidate will represent our Toasty culture, so no matter whether in our Breadquarters, city center offices, or in our configuration centers, all Toasters will feel welcome!
The purpose of this position is to work with the Workplace Experience, Real Estate and Hardware Operations teams to ensure our Nashville Configuration Center operates in an efficient, secure, safe (and fun!) manner. Our ideal team member is personable, quick to smile, and ready to take on any task. This roll will be responsible for office management, event planning logistics, vendor management and streamlining operations in a high paced, ever changing environment. Facility management logistics and issues should be handled in an efficient and timely manner to assure smooth operation of a light industrial warehouse. This role will be onsite 5 days a week & may require time outside of normal business hours, including some weekends. This role will report directly to the Facilities Manager and work in conjunction with the Warehouse Operations Manager.
About This Roll*
- Support Workplace Experience and Hardware Operations team in day to day office management and facilities related requests.
- Monitor, prioritize, and report on all incoming workplace and facilities service tickets.
- Provide reports on open and closed work orders and checks status with the appropriate technician or vendor.
- Update and maintain Toast office maintenance log including overseeing Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Acts as the main vendor coordinator for all facility and maintenance related issues including:
- Assist with procurement & building relationships with building management, vendors, contractors, and laborers.
- Maintain and verify accuracy of vendor contracts while enforcing Toast policy and procedures.
- Assigns work orders to multiple technicians, subcontractors and vendors and establishes SLAs for completion.
- Creates vendor files on proposals and work orders and checks accuracy on completed paperwork submitted by vendors.
- Work with vendors on billing and invoicing for services rendered.
- Support Workplace Experience initiatives around events, food & beverage, & general engagement.
- Assure Workplace Experience and Facility related supplies are ordered and stocked – (i.e reasonable accommodations for work space, replacement pieces, chairs, etc.).
- Coordinate with our external partners for scheduling/service of equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Assist with reconciliation of our monthly credit card expenditures.
- Assist with any facility related needs for employee engagement activities.
- Provide customer service focused solutions to our Toasters, when applicable, in facilities coordination.
- Perform routine maintenance or minor office repairs as needed.
- Plan, execute and manage on site security measures including, emergency management planning, building access logistics, safety training and briefings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of workplace experience (fulfillment center environment is preferred)
- Experience working with internal employees in the office management setting.
- Successful track record of working with various vendors, building management and outside contractors.
- Understanding or previous experience with safety procedures, planning and communications.
- Ability to write a playbook on how to run a high functioning and dynamic workplace.
- Keen attention to detail with ability to identify problems, prioritize & find a solution.
- Go-getter work ethic to who can take directions from afar and run with them. In addition the ideal candidate will proactively identify solutions to problems)
- Basic understanding of building systems, HVAC, plumbing, and appliance operation is preferred.
- Teamwork: Collaborates with others toward shared goals, exhibits cooperativeness; puts needs of organization over personal needs
- Communication: Listens, asks for and uses input; shares information appropriately and openly; is accessible and receptive to positive feedback, constructive criticism, and both good and bad news
- Results Driven/Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for keeping commitments and delivering the best possible performance, pays attention to detail, and gets involved and leads others through resolution; assumes responsibility and follows up personally
- Authenticity: Shows a genuine, accessible and caring personality that builds trust, mutual support and credibility; listens, exhibits humility and gauges approachability of others; maintains composure and can be respectful and straightforward with others.
- Innovation: Participates in and supports an environment that is conducive to innovation and new ways of doing things; exhibits curiosity and open-mindedness; suggests new ideas in response to and anticipation of business needs; willing to take risks
Our Spread of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.