Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Payroll & Team Management business unit is centered around the restaurant employee – offering restaurant-specific products that integrate with Toast Point-of-Sale to help restaurants streamline operations, protect their business and do more for their teams. Toast Payroll & Team Management products include, but are not limited to: simplified employee onboarding, streamlined payroll, and integrated team management.
Toast seeks a seasoned and passionate Tax Regulatory & Compliance Manager to support its Toast Payroll & Team Management business unit. As Tax Regulatory & Compliance Manager, you will be a trusted subject matter expert and resource to the Toast Payroll & Team Management Tax Team, helping team members navigate, interpret, and apply federal, state and local payroll tax regulations and requirements.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support the Toast Payroll & Team Management business unit in ensuring Toast products and processes are compliant with applicable tax laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Serve as an escalation resource for the Tax Team on the timely communication and resolution of payroll tax-related issues
- Research and monitor federal, state and local payroll tax regulations and laws that may impact Toast Payroll & Team Management services and its customers; provide regular updates on changes to the business team and monitor compliance
- Interact with various Federal, State and local taxing agencies regarding interpretation of and compliance with regulatory guidelines as well as resolving related issues
- Support the remediation of tax-related compliance issues by providing guidance and expertise on actions required; oversee the efforts to ensure completion
- Develop and maintain a robust payroll tax compliance program, including regular testing, to ensure that the payroll tax component of Toast Payroll & Team Management suite complies with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- Support the broader future of Toast Payroll & Team Management suite of products
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 6+ years of payroll tax experience including experience in a high-volume environment
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll tax; federal, multi-state, and local payroll tax regulations; skilled in performing payroll tax research, including interpreting regulations, policies, revenue procedures and more
- Compliance experience in payroll, human resources, employment law and/or related fields
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to manage conflict diplomatically
- Ability to work independently; prioritize competing obligations, and meet deadlines
Special Sauce* (Bonus skills)
- Familiarity with laws and regulations impacting human resources, labor & employment, employee benefits, and related fields
- J.D. preferred, but not required
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.