Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Senior Reporting & Insights Analyst, People Analytics
The Senior Reporting & Insights Analyst, People Analytics will serve as the primary reporting lead for our People Analytics team. The person in this role will own the design, build and rollout of relevant reporting dashboards. They will help iterate on existing dashboards but also develop, build and scale a whole new set of people-related dashboards and reporting practices. The person in this role will help increase the velocity of the People Analytics team as well as data visibility and insights to audiences of all levels.
The ideal candidate is a go-getter, who is not afraid to begin new initiatives where there is little to no structure, and roll up their sleeves to piece together actionable insights including what needs to be measured, and what success looks like. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering results, complete ownership of work and outputs, finding a way to work through barriers, finding ways to work efficiently, and excellent business judgment. They should have a demonstrated ability to think analytically and deliver concrete results under ambiguity, have a critical eye for detail, have high expectations and standards and a passion for driving data driven decisions.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Own the design, build and rollout of relevant reporting dashboards.
- Conduct a needs assessment with current People Analytics team members and partner teams to build out a reporting roadmap and execution plan.
- Help identify key people metrics and data cuts that will allow the People Team and partners to better understand and improve the health of our organization.
- Build dashboards that allow our team to connect multiple data sources, allowing for more integrated reporting and storytelling.
- Create a standard set of dashboards that allow us to share people metrics in an organized, visually appealing and scalable fashion.
- Build out a regular reporting practice and cadence for leadership and functional partners.
- Help us build a roadmap to more interactive, real-time and scalable people data reporting.
- Take the lead on ad hoc dashboard requests to help minimize and standardize repeatable tasks and to bring consistency on our approach to reporting.
- Document the SQL scripts used to generate similar or repeatable tickets – so other team members can re-use them to ensure consistency.
- Help establish and document standard definitions for key people metrics and drive enablement around people data literacy and dashboard usage.
- Help identify key insights and track emerging trends to inform our people decisions and narratives.
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide strategic support and recommendations across various Toast departments.
- Identify gaps/opportunities to improve current reporting practices and data warehouse build, synthesizing requirements to the Data Engineering team and information architecture decisions.
- Answer business questions through independent investigation and analysis. Identify operational inefficiencies, data quality issues, and behavioral trends.
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)?
- 3+ years of experience with people data management and reporting
- Proficient with SQL
- Familiar with Python and/or R with aptitude and appetite to develop
- A desire to lead on the development and build of a suite of people-related dashboards from scratch, soliciting feedback from partner teams
- Experience with data visualization and enterprise BI tools. Can confidently choose the best visualization style for the given context; the insights from your visualizations speak for themselves
- Experience auditing large datasets and identifying data hygiene issues
- Advanced knowledge of Google suite products or equivalent Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to efficiently analyze large volumes of data, quickly draw insights, and present concise/clear recommendations of results
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets, both individually and in a group setting
- Ability to influence across the business
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and is a self-starter
- Experience working with sensitive confidential data and a demonstration of great maturity and judgment when it comes to data security and privacy
- Prior experience extracting data out of and building dashboards on top of Snowflake or other data warehouses
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Preferably has prior experience with Greenhouse and/or Workday
- Preferably has prior experience with Google Sheets
- Preferably has prior experience with systems configuration and implementation
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.