Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
As part of Toast’s suite of Guest Engagement products, we are looking for a seasoned Principal Product Manager to develop and launch SMS as a brand new marketing channel for our customers. This role will take SMS from zero to one, creating a completely new product at Toast. You will be responsible for proving traction and securing more investment to accelerate impact. In an industry with razor thin margins, the products you build to drive repeat visits and higher spend, will make an enormous impact on the businesses of Toast’s customers. You will develop deep empathy for the needs of our restaurant customers and their guests while working with teams across Toast including Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support to build and shape our newest marketing channel. This role is both strategic and technical and will lead to significant business impact.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work directly with customers to quickly test proof of concepts, iterating to deliver an easy-to-use product that drives revenue for Toast restaurants
- Create clear business cases that demonstrate ROI for product investment
- Prepare and deliver clear and concise executive-level presentations on your product strategy, roadmap, execution, and go-to-market plans
- Become an expert on Toast’s data assets and infrastructure
- Develop deep relationships with restaurateurs to understand how Toast data insights can be used to grow their business
- Immerse yourself in the diner experience to ensure that our offerings improve their experience
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience and a successful track record of delivering great products; or 7+ years in a top-tier management consulting role with experience in the technology and/or hospitality industries
- Experience leading the development of B2B products
- Experience with CRM, email marketing, SMS marketing social media marketing, or other paid marketing tools
- Strong belief in, and adherence to Toast’s core values (RECIPE)
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics will be considered a plus, but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.